If you are in a hurry and just want to find out what the best air freshener is, then we recommend the MOSO NATURAL Air Purifying Bags as the best one.
It can pretty much go without saying that we all want our homes to smell fresh and clean or hold a fragrance that we love. Our closets are no exception to this. While closets hold clean clothing, they also hold shoes and laundry baskets filled with dirty laundry. These items can hold unwanted odors that can make your closets smell dingy and unpleasant if you’re not careful. That’s why air fresheners for your closet are a must! But, which air fresheners are truly the best for your closet?
There are so many different air freshener brands to choose from that trying to find the perfect air freshener for your closet can seem nearly impossible. That’s why I’ve hand picked five different air fresheners that I feel will fit perfectly in your closet. Not only will they eliminate any unwanted odors, but they may also leave behind a pleasant fragrance, if the product is designed for it.
When picking an air freshener for your closet, you’ll want to make sure that it fits your needs and preferences. There are so many different kinds that you could find some that are more discreet, some that leave fragrance in your closet while eliminating odors, and plenty of different types of air freshener vessels.
In this article, I’m going to be reviewing the following air fresheners:
A Review of the 5 Best Closet Air Freshener
1. Best Budget Air Freshener: Mrs. Meyer’s Clean Day Lavender Scent Sachet
Mrs. Meyer’s is a common household name in the cleaning department. They’re also well known for their authentic fragrances so it’s no surprise that they’ve made their way onto this list. This sachet not only eliminates any unwanted odors you may have, but it also leaves a pleasant lavender fragrance in its wake. This cost effective air freshener also has a lifespan of 60 days so you’ll be getting two months out of a few dollars.
One of the best things about Mrs. Meyer’s Clean Day products is that their fragrances are created through the use of essential oils. So, not only will you be getting a product that smells amazing, but you’ll also be getting a product that will help make you feel amazing as well. The lavender essential oils are known for their relaxing qualities so you’ll feel that relaxation in the air when you open your closet doors.
- Once you’ve finished using these in your closet, you can put them other places, such as a drawer, to get the last of the fragrance.
- Even though the scent won’t be as strong after the 60 day lifespan, you’ll still have a subtle scent throw for about another 30 days after.
- The bag with the scented pellets is sturdy and won’t rip easily.
- These bags can be used anywhere throughout the house.
- The fragrance is strong but isn’t overpowering.
- Some people may find that this product can be too subtle to smell easily.
2. Best Overall: MOSO NATURAL Air Purifying Bags
If you’re looking for an odor eliminator that’s going to last you years, this is without a doubt the one for you. While some odor eliminators only mask the unwanted odors in your home, these will absorb the odor and eliminate them completely. Inside these pouches are pieces of moso bamboo charcoal, which are basically miracle workers when they absorb the unwanted odors in your home.
There is no fragrance in these pouches, but they will leave your closet feeling clean and refreshed without having to rely on a fragrance to do so. These handy bags can even last you up to two years, if you use them correctly. It’s recommended that you place them in sunlight at least once a month so that the charcoal can rejuvenate in order to keep absorbing the odors in your closet.
Also read: Best Sachet Crafts Bags
- This product is strong enough to eliminate smoke odor.
- There’s no fragrance, so you know the smell isn’t just covered instead of eliminated.
- This product can tackle stubborn odors almost effortlessly.
- The linen packages make this product look casual so it fits in with your clothing.
- This product can be used anywhere you have unwanted odors.
- These may not eliminate odor as quickly as you may want or need.
3. Best Discreet Air Freshener: GOGOUP Cedar Blocks for Clothes Storage
These air fresheners are a natural way to add some fragrance to your closet while eliminating any stubborn odors. GOGOUP uses American cedar trees to create their air fresheners, taking care to ensure that it’s made up completely of cedar. Because of this, there aren’t any chemicals or materials that you’ll need to worry about harming your health. Another great thing about these products is that they’re completely safe to use around animals, so you don’t have to worry about your pet getting sick.
The wooden planks are discreet and can be hung in the back of your closet, allowing the area to fill with a wonderful aroma without having to visually stand out and be noticed. These planks have a polished surface, which ensures that none of your clothes will snag or any items get scratched. There is no added fragrance to these blocks. Instead, you’ll just get the natural fragrance of the wood, making your home smell natural, which is perfect for someone who loves woody fragrances.
- Because they’re polished, you don’t have to worry about splinters when handling the planks.
- These planks are easy to maintain and come with sandpaper so you can rejuvenate is when needed.
- The planks can be used in many different places in your home.
- The fragrance from this air freshener will eliminate tough odors, such as from sneakers.
- You may have to sand down the block a bit to get any fragrance.
- The fragrance in this air freshener is very subtle.
4. Best Fragrance Lifespan: Diptyque”Baies/Berries” Scented Oval
Diptyque gives their customers the feel of luxury with every product they sell. Their air freshening scented ovals are no exception. This fragrance is part of the fruity scent family and will make your closet smell like a bouquet of roses mixed together with blackcurrant for a bit of sweetness. This scented oval is designed for small spaces, so it’s best used in small spaces, making it perfect for your closet.
This product is made using scented wax. The wax has a ceramic frame with a rope attached to it so you can easily hang it wherever you choose to put it. It’s also small enough to where you can fit it in a drawer if you choose to. By adding this simple air freshener to your closet, you’ll be adding a sense of sophistication to the fragrance in whatever space you choose.
Read more: Best Diptyque Candle Scents
- This air freshener gives off the perfect amount of fragrance for a walk in closet.
- The fragrance from this air freshener will add scent to your clothing.
- While the fragrance won’t be as strong, you can use it to add fragrance to a bedroom or bathroom.
- This product makes the space you put it in feel luxurious.
- You need to keep this product out of sunlight because it will diminish the fragrance.
5. Best Refreshing Feeling: Rose Cottage Lavender Closet Air Freshener Deodorizer
These handy hanging sachets are the perfect fit for any closet that needs a bit of sprucing up. Rose Cottage specializes in air freshening sachets, so you’re going to be given a high quality product from a company that really knows what they’re doing. This fragrance is created using manmade fragrances but they smell as good as if they were made out of essential oils.
While these sachets are designed to hang in your closet, they are fairly universal and can be placed in any space that needs a little sprucing up and a good fragrance. The fragrance from this sachet can even make your clothes smell nice, too, as the fragrance can permeate fabrics.
- The fragrance, while manmade, smells authentically like lavender.
- This sachet will make your space smell refreshed.
- The fragrance is sweet but isn’t overpowering or overwhelming.
- You’ll get a strong fragrance from this that will make your room and clothes smell great.
- Even the most stubborn odors can be taken care of with these sachets.
- There are other elements to this lavender that some people might not enjoy.
What to Look for in an Air Freshener for Your Closet
When you’re picking out an air freshener, there are several things you should keep in mind to make sure that you’re getting the best product for your preferences. In this section, I’ll lay out the features you’re going to want to keep a lookout for when deciding which air freshener to choose.
While appearance isn’t necessarily a major feature for deciding which air freshener to buy, it could be the feature that pushes you towards your final decision of whether or not you want the product. If you’re looking for a product that’s going to blend in with your items in your closet, you’re not going to want the product to have packaging that makes it stand out. Similarly, you’re going to want a product that’s going to be easy to hide.
This could be where a product like a hanging sachet comes in handy. With a product like this, you can easily hang it in the back of your closet where no one has to see it. While a product like the cedar block can’t be hung, you can also easily find a place to hide that. For example, if you have shelves in your closet, you could easily hide it behind an item on your shelf.
A feature that could be the deciding factor of whether or not you want to choose an air freshener is the fragrance, or lack thereof. If you’re looking for a product that’s going to eliminate odor without adding a fragrance, you’re not going to want to purchase an item such as a scented sachet. Instead, you’ll want to look for items that are advertised as being fragrance free, such as the MOSO NATURAL Air Purifying Bags.
If you’re looking for a product that’s going to add a pleasant fragrance to your closet while eliminating the unwanted odors, you’re going to have a wide variety of options. Most air fresheners that are perfect for the closets come with fragrances infused into them.
Another fragrance factor you’ll have to keep in mind is what the fragrance is made out of. Some people prefer having their fragrances made out of essential oils, while others don’t care. You’ll want to make sure you check to see what the fragrance is made out of if you prefer to have an air freshener made with essential oils.
Odor elimination is arguably the most important part of choosing an air freshener for your closet. You’re going to want to make sure that the product you’re buying is going to actually eliminate the odors instead of covering them up, allowing them to come back later. If it’s a product that is going to eliminate the odor, the packaging will generally advertise that quality.
If the product doesn’t advertise as an odor eliminator, you’re going to want to check out some reviews on it to make sure that it’s going to be the right fit for you.
So which Closet Air Freshener is the Best?
All of the five products I reviewed above are without a doubt a great product to buy. With that being said, though, there is one that stands out from the crowd as the best product for your closet. The MOSO NATURAL Air Purifying Bags are without a doubt the best product from the list. This product, while fragrance free, will make your closet not only feel refreshed, but it’ll smell refreshed too.
Another great thing about this product is the lifespan it has. One bag can last you up to two years of odor elimination. All you need to do to maintain your air purifying bags is to set them in the sun at least once a month. This rejuvenates the charcoal and allows it to continue working effectively. Your closet will never feel more refreshed than it will with these purifying bags.
The small space of a closet can hold onto any fragrance that fills it, including the unwanted odors. By adding an air freshener, you can spruce up the feeling of your closet and potentially have a refreshing smell, too. Any of the air freshening products I reviewed above will be a perfect fit for any closet but the MOSO NATURAL Air Purifying Bags, without a doubt, are the best of the best.
More Air Fresheners: