If you are in a hurry and just want to find out what the best plug-in air freshener is, then we recommend the Glade clean linen scented plug in as the best one.
My home always has plug in air fresheners loaded up and diffusing fragrance. Using a plug in air freshener is incredibly easy and convenient and I enjoy the strong scent throw that fills my home. The best part about these is that they don’t pose a fire risk and they are easy to keep out of reach of pets and children as long as you have a plug out of their reach.
If you’ve never bought a plug in air freshener before, it’s best to do some research instead of just picking a product at random. You’ll want to make sure you find the right air freshener that fits your preferences so you know you’ll be completely satisfied. In this post I’ll discuss everything you should know about plug in air fresheners and the five you should consider choosing from.
By choosing to use a plug in air freshener, you’re avoiding using any flame or heat source to spread fragrance throughout your home. It’s also an incredibly convenient way to make your home smell exactly how you want it to. This can be a safe way to make your home smell amazing and to experience aromatherapy.
In this article, I’m going to be reviewing the following plug-in air fresheners:
Why Use a Plug In Air Freshener?
There are so many different living situations that it’s never a guarantee that someone is going to be able to burn candles. While candles seem to be the most popular form of aromatherapy and fragrance dispersal, it’s not always the best option for you. Many apartments and dorm rooms won’t allow their residents to burn candles because they pose a fire risk and many parents don’t like using candles around their children for the same reason.
Another product used to fragrance a home is a wax warmer. These may also not fit into your living situation because, while there’s no flame, there’s still a risk that comes with them. The warmer gives off heat which can be damaging if it’s by items that can be melted. There is also a risk of spills that can come from this too. Parents may find this product unsuitable for children because of the heating aspect of it, also.
Plug in air fresheners are a great alternative to candles and wax warmers. These products are incredibly convenient and compact. All you need to do is plug them into a wall and the product does the rest without having to get warm enough to melt anything. While it gives off a small amount of warmth, it’s not enough to worry about being burned when touching it.
One of the best parts about these air fresheners is that they’re compact enough to plug into any power outlet. If you have pets or children and are worried about them being able to get to the plug in, you can simply plug it into an outlet that is out of their reach. You also don’t have to worry about forgetting to turn it off because it doesn’t need to be turned off. The fragrance slowly diffuses into the room on its own.
What to Look for in a Plug In Air Freshener
Candles come with decorative jars and wax warmers can come in fun shapes and designs. Both make great decorative pieces on top of spreading wonderful fragrance. Plug in air fresheners are no different. You can pick out a simplistic device that will complement the colors in whatever room you choose or you can choose a more fun and decorative design too.
Your plug in air freshener can also be a multipurpose product, too. There are many designs of plug in air fresheners that also double as a night light. This style is great to put in a bathroom, especially if you have children that frequently use the bathroom in the middle of the night.
Another feature that you’ll want to make sure you have on your air freshener, especially if you have pets and children, is the ability to secure the fragrance jar by screwing it into the diffusing device. This will help ensure that your fragrance jar will stay put if your child or pet gets curious upon seeing it.
When looking for a plug in air freshener, you want to take into consideration what is inside the air freshener liquid. If you’re looking for a truly authentic fragrance to fill your home, you’re going to want to look for an air freshener that is made using essential oils. Essential oils are derived from plants so it’s the most authentic fragrance you can get.
Essential oils are also known to provide medicinal benefits through aromatherapy. So, using an air freshener that holds essential oils is not only going to make your home smell authentically amazing, it’s also going to give you the benefits that come along with the specific oils used.
If you’re just looking for a good smelling, strong fragranced product, then air fresheners using fragrance oils are a good option for you to choose. There are even air fresheners that use a mixture of both essential oils and fragrance oils so you’re going to get a strong, authentic fragrance from products using a mixture.
A Review of 5 Plug In Air Fresheners
1. Scent Fill Natural Peppermint Refills with Air Wick Warmer
If you’re looking for an air freshener that uses completely natural ingredients, then this is a great option for you. Scent Fill prides themselves on using ingredients that are totally natural, including the use of essential oils. These refills fit into an Air Wick or a Glade warmer, so if you have one of those in your home, you can easily just pop these in and enjoy the benefits of the natural ingredients.
With this product, you’ll get the cool and refreshing scent of peppermint that is perfect for your home during the holidays, but also works any time throughout the year. Peppermint oil is great to use in your home because it provides a boost to your energy and it elevates your senses. This air freshener is also completely plant-based and has no artificial coloring or dyes in it so your home will be naturally odor free.
Read more about: Glade Candles Review
- Not only will this fragrance your home, but it will also keep pests away.
- The fragrance smells authentically of a mint plant.
- The fragrance throw from this product covers a large area.
- If you put this near an air vent, the fragrance will spread throughout the house easily.
- Each vial lasts a long time.
- You can expect a strong, but not overwhelming, fragrance from this product.
- This fragrance is helpful for allergies.
- This product can sometimes smell more floral than minty.
- Oil leaks out of the product if it is turned upside down.
- This is a sweet mint fragrance and may be too sweet for some people.
2. Glade Clean Linen Scented Plug In Air Freshener
Glade is known for their fresh and clean smelling products and this one doesn’t disappoint. The plug in device itself is incredibly convenient because it can be plugged into horizontal or vertical outlets. All you need to do is turn the outlet prongs and your plug in will sit upright no matter what way the outlet is turned. There’s also a dial you can turn to change the intensity of the fragrance so you can customize your experience.
Clean Linen is a fragrance that has layers to it. You’ll get the warmth that comes from a sunny afternoon that will bring a soft comfort like that of freshly dried linens. Then there’s the essence of melon and leafy greens mixed in. You’ll also get notes of crisp air with some floral scents. Finally, you’ll get a citrusy mixture of grapefruit and mandarin to finish this fragrance off.
- This fragrance leaves your home smelling fresh and clean.
- You don’t get a chemically or perfume fragrance from this scent.
- This will eliminate any unwanted odors, including the musty basement smell.
- These plug ins last a long time.
- The design is simplistic and fits in anywhere.
- You can customize the amount of fragrance being thrown.
- The fragrance is strong enough to fill a large room.
- This fragrance can be slightly overpowering in a small room.
- These tend to not last as long as the packaging advertises.
- The jars can sometimes leak oil.
3. Febreze Gain Original Scented Plug In Air Freshener
Febreze offers a plug in that won’t just mask an odor, but it will also completely eliminate the odor, too, using their OdorClear Technology. The unique feature about this plug in is that it has two alternating fragrances that will freshen up your home. You can change the fragrance setting on this plug in, which controls the amount of scent that is released into your home.
Depending on the setting you put your plug in on, the fragrance from one cartridge can last up to 45 days. To get that full amount of time, you’ll have to keep your plug in on the low setting. With the Gain fragrance, you’ll get a light airy scent that will bring any room to life and make it feel clean.
- This room will bring the best parts of laundry scents into your home.
- You can choose from three fragrance intensity settings.
- The fragrance will eliminate even the toughest odors, no matter what size room it’s in.
- This is a long lasting product.
- The fragrance is strong enough to fill a room, no matter the setting.
- This product leaves your home feeling fresh and clean.
- This fragrance works best in a laundry room.
- This scent is very strong, which may be too much for some people.
- The fragrance doesn’t always last as long as the package advertises.
- The lowest setting can be overpowering for a small room.
4. Bath & Body Works Eucalyptus Spearmint Aromatherapy Wallflower
Bath & Body Works sells their aromatherapy wallflowers in every fragrance they have, giving you almost endless possibilities. These plug ins don’t have an adjustable fragrance setting, but it does secure the fragrance bulb by a screw in system.
Bath & Body Works uses essential oils in their wallflowers so the fragrance you’ll be getting is authentic and has medicinal benefits. This wallflower has eucalyptus spearmint oils, which provide a calming, stress relieving quality. By using this in your home, not only will every unwanted odor be masked and eliminated, but the atmosphere will hold a calm and relaxing feeling.
- This will leave your home smelling fresh and clean.
- No odors stand a chance with this wallflower and are eliminated easily.
- If you put this by an air vent, the fragrance will fill your whole home easily.
- The fragrance you get from this product is subtle and relaxing.
- You’ll feel more relaxed while you’re using this wallflower.
- This fragrance is powerful but isn’t overpowering.
- The fragrance gives off a calming quality.
- This fragrance may not be strong enough for some people
- The fragrance may not last as long as other brands.
5. Air Wick Lavender and Chamomile Plug In Air Freshener
Air Wick takes pride in their handpicked fragrances and the use of essential oils to achieve the fragrances they want to deliver. Because they use essential oils, you’re going to get the medicinal benefits that comes from them. Lavender and chamomile essential oils are beneficial with treating anxiety, depression, and insomnia.
This plug in air freshener is great to use in any room and is specifically created to spread the fragrance upwards and outwards. This helps ensure that the fragrance is effectively and consistently spread throughout the room. You also have the option of five different fragrance settings to customize the fragrance intensity to your preferences.
- This product gives off a strong fragrance but isn’t overpowering.
- Air Wick delivers long lasting fragrance with their plug in air fresheners.
- These air fresheners are great in any room.
- This air freshener will eliminate even the toughest odors.
- They have an adjustable fragrance release so it can fit in any room size.
- The fragrance spreads easily throughout a room.
- This fragrance may give some people headaches because of the strength.
- This fragrance can be too fruity for people looking for a floral scent.
Which One is the Best, Though?
While all five of these products are worth your time and money, there is one that stands above the rest and will without a doubt leave you completely satisfied with your purchase. The product that you should definitely consider purchasing is the Glade clean linen scented plug in.
Not only is this fragrance great for covering up and eliminating odors, but it will also leave your home smelling fresh and clean without you having to worry about the fragrance being overpowering. This device allows you to change the intensity of the fragrance dispersal, which means that you can put it in any size room without having to worry about the fragrance being too powerful.
Your home will be left with a pleasant fragrance and a nice, clean feeling that will make you completely satisfied with your purchase.
Using a plug in air freshener is a great alternative to candles and wax warmers and is great to use in all types of home situations. The five products I reviewed in this post are without a doubt worth your time and money but the Glade clean linen plug in is the best of the best. No matter which product you choose, you won’t be disappointed in how your home will smell and feel.