If you are in a hurry and just want to find out what the best reed diffuser oil refill is, then we recommend Thymes Reed Diffuser Oil Refill as the best one.
Reed diffusers are a great way to have fragrances in your home, with an aspect of interior decor. Refilling your reed diffuser with the best essential oil will help you continue enjoying the multiple aromatherapy benefits.
When buying a new reed diffuser, it will be more thoughtful for you to pick a refillable model. Once the essential oils in your diffuser are finished, simply look for a reed diffuser oil refill in any fragrance you prefer, irrespective of the model. Let’s look at questions you need to ask yourself before choosing a reed diffuser oil refill.
In this article, we’re going to review the following reed diffuser oil refills:
5 Best Reed Diffuser Oil Refills Reviews
Choosing the best reed diffuser oil refill is a fun process that involves getting to know the different options available. Here is a brief review of the best reed diffuser oil refills.
I’ll review each product in detail, highlighting their pros and cons, and finally share with you my best pick. Read on.
1. Thymes Reed Diffuser Oil Refill
I loved this product due to its outdoor vibe with Siberian needles and wood scents. The wood blends available include cedarwood and sandalwood. Thymes have natural, plant-based ingredients that are of high quality. They are also grown in thoughtful artisan design, ensuring the best quality for consumers.
Thymes Frasier Fir Reed Oil Diffuser refill has only 7.75 ounces, but it is the perfect amount to fill up even large rooms and open spaces. It lasts longer in larger rooms because of the slow air aromatization process.
It is sold in a 230ml bottle and is one of the most popular reed diffuser refills. It has got the Frasier Fir fragrance I always break out during Christmas holidays. It is also suitable for use in wood cabins or wood themed rooms.
The fresh, clean scent of Frasier Fir creates a calming ambiance because of its ability to combine the unique and natural signature scents that make any room feel like a calm green forest.
- Longer lasting in larger rooms
- Woodie forest fragrance
- Release a fresh and clean scent.
- It has an artisan design
- It has a unique home flavor
- It is suitable for a celebratory mood
- It adds a calming ambiance
- It has got plant-based ingredients
- Can refill your reed diffuser up to three times
- You can mix it with any other natural ingredient
- The essence of each season is available
- Good for aromatherapy
- It is a unique, essential oil for reed diffusers
- Frasier Fir is a neutral fragrance
- The natural scents produced are suitable for sleeping therapy
- You only get 7.75 ounces for your money
- When shipping, you have to add an extra cost for delivery
- It is a little expensive
2. Trapp Fragrances Reed Diffuser Refill Kit
Do not hesitate to buy the Trapp Fragrances with Fine Linen because it has a 4-ounce diffuser refill kit. It comes from Amber and Bergamot. Trapp diffuser refill kits are also capable of extending the life of your favorite fragrance. You will also get unique flameless reeds, which is the best alternative for scented and poured candles.
The Fine Linen in number 67 helps to radiate the aroma of rose petals, vanilla orchids, Meditteranean fig, and passion nectar. If you pick this refill, you will enjoy the different flavors and the sweet smell when the oil linen diffuses with the natural essential oils.
It lasts approximately 45 days, but I found out that it can go for more if you constantly adjust the fragrance intensity by removing some reeds.
The scent notes available include the following.
- White rose
- Passion fruit nectar
- Vanilla orchids
- Longer lasting before another refill
- Trapp fragrances have intense, unforgettable flavors produced from the reeds
- Trapp comes in a presentable glass bottle that is blue
- Has several reeds that you can either add or removes as you wish
- Has number 67 fine linen
- Has two opinion of either 4 or 4.5 ounces
- Has a mild scent that is neutral
- Suitable for bedrooms, boutiques, and salons
- A little on the pricier end
- If you don’t control the number of reeds you use, the essential oil won’t last long
- The essential oil comes in a glass bottle; hence, it is delicate, especially during overseas transportation
- You only get 4 or 4.5 ounces, which is the least compared to other reed diffuser refills
3. Cocod’or Reed Diffuser Oil Refill
Cocod’or Reed Diffuser Oil Refill is a perfect mixture of floral scents and sweet berries. It also has a powdery note which delivers its soft sensation — it comes in a pack of three 200ml bottles. Apart from April Breeze, there are other colors (fragrances) that you can pick from, namely.
- Garden Lavender
- Freshing Air
- Rose Perfume
- Black Cherry
- Citrus Lavender
- English Pearfree
- Floral Bouquet
- Lovely Peony
- Pure Cotton
- White Jasmine
It is effortless to control this fragrance, which makes it last very long. Each bottle has got 6.7 ounces. It takes around 16 days for a reed to absorb the scent, then you will enjoy the endless harmonious mixture of scents.
This reed diffuser refill is free from methanol, benzene, and glyoxal. Also, it has adhered to all the IFRA standards.
If you love luxurious fragrance, this is for you. Also, it is a perfect gift for birthdays, weddings, Christmas, housewarming, get-together parties, and even thanksgiving holidays.
- It is a luxurious fragrance
- Perfect for use in parties
- Has a mixture of natural floral scents
- Adhere to IFRA standards
- Methanol and benzene free
- Presentable packaging
- Has a cozy powdery note
- It does not come with reed sticks
- For shipping, you have to incur an extra cost.
4. Reed Diffuser Oil Refill Grapefruit
Grapefruit is a typical home fragrance oil for a reed diffuser. I use it occasionally to purify my office. It is non-alcoholic, making it restaurant and office-friendly. It gets rid of unpleasant odors and replaces it with an atmosphere filled with positive energy.
Grapefruit gives you an instant feeling of a mixture of intimate fragrances. It lasts about 20 weeks of filing up your room with a lovely natural scent. It can also last longer than that, depending on how you control its usage. Since it fills up the air intensely, you can as well go for a day or two without adding essential oils to your reed diffuser.
You can use this reed diffuser essential oil in the following places.
- House – Even if you live in an apartment, this essential oil is mild, and everyone is in love with its aroma. It is best to use it in the bathroom and kitchen.
- Offices – You can use it in a conference hall, beauty spa, or a convenience store.
- Restaurants – It is also good to use it in a bar, bakery, and even an entertainment club.
- Longer lasting
- Intensive natural fragrance
- It can last for 20 weeks or more
- Good for aromatherapy
- Grapefruit has got several flavors released into the air
- Stable flavor
- It is possible to use the refill more than two times
- Stimulates the urge for reusing
- Suitable for open spaces and larger rooms
- Perfect for a working environment
- Able to filters foul smell
- Good for kitchens
- Helps to calm nerve
- The scent overpowers smaller rooms
- The refill comes on a 200ml bottle only
- It is expensive food for those who have to import to their country
- Shipping can take weeks or even months, so you have to be patient
5. Lemongrass Reed Diffuser Refill
Lemongrass is a natural reed diffuser essential oil. It has got the aroma of a Arimatika with a touch of citrus. It is also alcohol-free, and it is suitable for aromatherapy in your home, office space, and restaurants.
Natural Essential Lemongrass Oil has got only 6.8 ounces. It is the main reason why I consider it to be one of the best reed diffuser refills available in the market today. It has a neutral fragrance that cannot cause allergic reactions to users. You can purchase the refill and enjoy 20 weeks of lemongrass fragrance.
Other than being among my favorites, it is one of the most purchased and rated reed diffuser refills. While using it, I prefer using natural reeds because it brings out the best version of the lemongrass when the scent diffuses through it. It also makes sure that the diffusion process occurs at an average rate.
- Sterilizes air perfectly and create a lively atmosphere
- Longer lasting
- It is neutral, and kids can use it.
- Use lemongrass at home, in the office, or even in a restaurant.
- Good for aromatherapy
- Lemongrass reeds work perfectly in open or large spaces.
- It has 0% alcohol content
- Suitable for a work environment
- Easy fill-up process
- Can do up top two refills
- Used in aromatherapy
- Lemongrass releases an intensive aroma
- You only get 6.8 ounces
- It is pricey
- Highly concentrated essential oil content
- Too strong for small rooms
Factors To Consider When Choosing the Best Reed Diffuser Oil Refills
If your reed diffuser has served you well, you probably want to continue using the same services. The best way to ensure this is to get the best reed diffuser oil refill.
Diffuser oil refills are readily available, making it easy for you to pick the best reed diffuser – there is nothing knotty about the process. However, here are a few factors to consider when choosing the best reed diffuser refills.
Do you want to keep the scent you’ve been having or take a chance on a new one? Before you choose a reed diffuser refill oil, you need to decide on the smell you’re going to chose. With a reed diffuser oil refill, you can afford to experiment with different scents until you find your favorite scent.
Amount of Oil
Going for less oil is a factor you have to consider. Essential oils do not have a long shelf life. You should use it before its expiry date. Purchase the amount that you need for a particular period. After a few uses, you would have probably mastered your reed diffuser’s consumption rate, allowing you to purchase just the right amount.
Oil Consumption Rate
The ingredients of a reed essential oil determine its density. A higher density means that it will diffuse slower. It is also likely to last longer than a less dense essential oil.
The material used in making the container (bottle) is the final factor to consider. Glass is the best option because some essential oils can dissolve plastic containers. Glass is also a more environmentally sustainable option than plastic.
Read our full article on How to Refill Reed Diffusers.
How To Choose the Best Reed Diffuser Oil Refills
What determines a good diffuser oil refill? Here are a few important considerations which I have trusted to help me make the best choice.
What Does the Package Contain?
You are likely to find either a glass or plastic bottle filled with your essential oil of choice at a bare minimum. Also, you may also find a set of reeds. You might also be lucky to find spare reeds and a refill stuffed inside the same box.
What Attributes Should I Look Out For?
- Confirm the name of the product
- Check how many ounces of essential oil are included
- Check if they either have bamboo or rattan reeds
- Ensure it is high-quality essential reed oil
- Confirm that the refill is 100% alcohol-free
- Confirm if it is paraben-free
- Confirm if it is phthalate-free
- Check the possible life span of the refill.
- Confirm if the reed diffuser oil refill are natural oils
What’s the Best Time To Replace My Reeds?
If you have purchased a new fragrance, replace the reeds. Reeds can only last a few months before they become too saturated to give off scent properly.
Read more about Best Reed Diffuser Sticks.
What Are the Available Reed Diffuser Fragrances?
There are very many oil scents available in the market which you can use in your reed diffuser. The fragrance you choose should be wholly dependent on the role you would like it to play. You should also consider the type of environment and where you are going to use it.
The following are some of the top fragrances that you will find available in the market today.
- Thyme Frasier Fir
How Do I Store My Refill When It Is Not in Use?
Reed diffuser refills do not expire per se but remember they have fixed shelf life. Proper storage and care can maximize the life span of your oil. Here are a few guidelines to help you with the same.
- Keep oils in a glass bottle – Glass is more secure because some essential oils can erode plastic.
- Use cobalt or amber colored bottles (dark container) – It will protect the oil from sunlight and heat.
- Store in a cool and dry place
- Ensure the refill lids are tightly closed
- You can store the oil in a fridge – It will help prevent oxidation.
- Keep out of the reach of children.
- Make sure the oil is labeled correctly
- Store in drawer, boxes, case, or display shelves
- Don’t let the bottle get to the half mark – Transfer the oil to smaller containers to reduce the room left for air in the bottle.
My Top Pick
My first choice is the Thymes Reed Diffuser Oil Refill. It is the perfect option for both open and closed spaces. It has a fresh, clean scent that can last for weeks after your reed diffuser oil runs out.
With a high rating by customers, a clear indication that it is one of the best reed diffuser oil refills you can find in the market. As compared to the others, it is relatively affordable.