If you are in a hurry and just want to find out what the best ceramic diffuser is, then we recommend the Ellia Gather Ultrasonic Essential Oil Diffuser as the best one.
When you decide you want to get a diffuser for your home, you are faced with a large number of options, which can be quite overwhelming. There are so many types of diffusers and, within each of those types, many models that have varying sets of features, settings, and capacities.
Let’s take some time to discuss why you might want to get a ceramic diffuser instead of one made of plastic and how to choose the best diffuser for all of your needs. Then, I’ll review five of my personal favorite ceramic diffusers so you can have a better idea of your options and can make a decision on what ceramic diffuser is best for you.
In this article, I’m going to be reviewing the following ceramic diffusers:
Why Choose a Ceramic Diffuser Over a Plastic One?
Besides the obvious aesthetic appeal of ceramic over plastic, there are many other great arguments against getting a plastic diffuser and instead opting for a ceramic one. One of the best reasons for getting a ceramic diffuser over a plastic one is the effect and harm that essential oils can have on plastic.
Over time, the essential oils and fragrances you often add to the water in a diffuser can slowly corrode and make plastic deteriorate. You might assume that this corrosion of plastic over time would simply make it necessary for you to replace your plastic diffuser every once in a while, but it can be more severe than that.
If you let it go on long enough, your plastic diffuser can begin to emit harmful plastic particles due to the corrosion caused by essential oils. Ceramic, glass, and wood diffusers are natural materials and are not negatively affected by essential oils, and therefore do not have the same problems that plastic diffusers cause.
In addition to the health risks associated with plastic diffusers, you will often get a much higher-quality machine when choosing to get a ceramic diffuser. Overall, I don’t think it is worth the risk, so purchasing a ceramic diffuser instead of a plastic one is your best option.
How to Choose the Best Ceramic Diffuser for Your Needs
Even once you’ve decided that you want a ceramic diffuser, there are still many things you need to think about when picking the right one for your needs. In the next few sections, I’ll briefly discuss some of the things that I would look at when choosing a ceramic diffuser from the thousands (millions?!) of options on the market.
The capacity of a diffuser is simply how much water it can hold in its tank. You’ll need to consider this when deciding what diffuser you should get for a particular room. If you have a large room that you would like to use a diffuser in, you will need a diffuser with a larger tank to compensate. The same logic applies if you are using your diffuser in a small room and only need one with a small tank.
How much capacity your diffuser needs based on your room size is by no means an exact science. You will generally want a tank that holds 150-200 milliliters for a small room and roughly double that capacity for a larger space. For super big rooms, you may want to consider getting two diffusers.
The next thing you will want to consider when choosing a diffuser is its available settings, options, and modes. There are many different variations and combinations of settings in diffusers, so you’ll want to take a minute and think about what you will realistically use daily. Don’t get caught up in the hype of new modes or extra features because chances are you won’t even use those settings.
While most new diffusers will automatically have this feature, you will want to make sure the diffuser you are thinking about purchasing has an auto-off setting once it runs out of water. Intermittent and continuous settings are also quite nice to have, although they are not necessary.
You can often overlook the aesthetic and beauty of a diffuser when you are considering purchasing it, but it can make or break how it looks among the rest of the decor in your home. A ceramic diffuser’s looks shouldn’t be a super large deciding factor when you are shopping, but just make sure it will go well with the rest of your home and won’t stick out like a sore thumb.
There are usually diffusers for nearly every color scheme or decorating style you could have in your home. Many of them are very neutral in color and design to go well with almost all color palettes and decor.
The price of a diffuser is possibly one of the most critical factors to take into consideration for many people. There are many diffusers at all types of price points, so there is a good chance that you will find one that is within your budget and fulfills your needs.
Diffusers can range in price from around $25 up to $100 and up. Many factors go into the price of a diffuser, but typically a larger tank, brand name, or good build-quality can cause the price to increase significantly. That isn’t to say you can’t find a cheap, nicely built diffuser, though. You can find relatively inexpensive diffusers, but you must be more selective when purchasing to ensure you get a high- quality and durable one.
Diffusers come in all shapes and sizes, and it can be tempting to get the one with the best features and perks. However, sometimes simpler is better. You often won’t even use many extra features that come with some diffusers, and getting a less tricked-out machine can save you a fair amount of money.
One extra feature that is quite common with diffusers is a light. Depending on where you plan on placing your diffuser, this additional feature can actually be quite lovely and pleasant. So, while many extra features that come with select diffusers are not worth it, it is always worth looking over them to see if you might genuinely enjoy having the additional characteristics.
You may also like Best Glass Essential Oil Diffusers.
Reviewing 5 of the Best Ceramic Diffusers
Now that I’ve gone over what to look for in a good diffuser and some of the reasons you should get a ceramic diffuser instead of a plastic one, let’s review five of the best ceramic diffusers. I’ll go over each diffuser’s pros and cons so you can see which one best fits your needs and budget.
1. Vitruvi Stone Diffuser
- Hand crafted ceramic diffuser inspired by intentional living and a love of creative spaces
- Use in your bedroom, bathroom, office, front entrance or living room
- 7 hour interval / 3 hour continuous settings
- No Heat - using ultrasonic vibrations
- Easy to Clean
The Vitruvi Stone Diffuser is an overall very appealing ceramic diffuser that looks super clean and minimalist while also being a very reliable machine that does its job well. It has a solid porcelain shell that is easily removable, allowing you to access the diffuser’s insides for accessible cleaning and maintenance.
For a higher-priced ceramic diffuser, the Vitruvi Stone Diffuser does have minimal settings and options. On this model, there is a 3-hour continuous setting and a 7.5-hour interval setting. It shuts off once the timer has run out or when there is no more water in the 8.5-ounce (250ml) reservoir. There is also a nice ring of light along the bottom of this diffuser that is great for dimly lighting a room and setting a pleasant mood.
- It holds around 8.5 ounces (250ml) of water and can run for quite a long time
- Looks very sleek and minimalist
- Very well constructed and super durable
- Has auto-shutoff right before the reservoir is empty to help the motor last
- Relaxing warm-colored light that can work when the diffuser is on or off
- Very easy to clean
- It is super quiet and non-disruptive
- A few units have quit working after only a few months of usage
- It is a little bit expensive considering other alternatives and the available settings
- Only has two available settings (3-hour continuous and 7.5-hour interval)
2. Ellia Gather Ultrasonic Essential Oil Diffuser
- PERSONALIZED AROMATHERAPY: Using any essential oil of your choice, mix and match fragrances to create your own one-of-a-kind aroma. Relax in the ambient glowing color-changing light for up to 10 hours of continuous runtime
- ULTRASONIC OPERATION: The 200ml reservoir provides a light pleasant aroma while gently humidifying your space. Whisper quiet runtime allows for ultimate relaxation anywhere
- SOOTHING SOUNDS: Drift away to the additional sound therapy feature with uplifting and relaxing options. Improve your mood or relax the stress of the day away with simple selection on the included remote
- USER FRIENDLY: Consciously crafted from ceramic and wood, add to your stylish decor to enhance your space. Easy operation with programed controls makes it effortless to relax after a long day
- WHAT'S IN THE BOX: (1) Ellia Ultrasonic Gather Aromatherapy Diffuser, (1) Remote, (1) AC Adapter, (1) 3-Pack Essential Oil Starter Kit
The Ellia Gather Diffuser is a beautiful, well-made ceramic diffuser with many great features and qualities. Unlike many ceramic diffusers, the Ellia Gather has a very aesthetically pleasing spherical shape with a lovely pattern on it. This diffuser has a capacity of 6.8 ounces (200ml) and can run continuously for up to 10 hours.
While this diffuser is priced pretty high, it does have a pretty good selection of settings and has exceptional build quality. This diffuser also has a plethora of relaxing and uplifting sounds and a color-changing light. You can control all of these settings using a wireless remote that comes with the diffuser.
- A 200ml reservoir gives it 10 hours continuous or 20 hours intermittent run-time
- Has a wireless remote to control settings
- It has uplifting and inspiring sounds available
- It has a color-changing light to help you relax
- Very aesthetically pleasing spherical design
- The remote can be unresponsive sometimes
- Its diffusion output can be weak at times
- It is quite an expensive diffuser
3. Diffuserlove Ceramic Diffuser
- 【 5-in-1 Multi-function Diffuser 】 Aroma + Humidification + Purification + Night light + Decoration. It will improve your ambient air by humidifying and aromatizing it, get rid of bad odors, the light fixed on one color making it an ideal night light, or operate with no light which is ideal for sleeping.
- 【 Ceramic Diffuser 】 The ceramic lid contains perforations/cutouts to let the light pass through. Please enjoy new lifestyle by collaboration of the vintage-style, aroma, ceramic and humidifier. It can stay in your room as decoration also when you don't use as humidifier because ceramic cover looks brilliant and create an atmosphere of stylish.
- 【Whisper-quiet and Moisturizes】 Aromatherapy diffuser adopted ultrasonic technology (below -36dB), run steady and noiselessly, give you a quiet and comfortable environment. It gives out cool and smooth mist to replenish water and nutrition for cells, make skin moist, clean, white and natural.
- 【 Safe to Use 】 Ceramic lid and BPA-free PP base and PVC-free water tank. 4 time setting modes:AUTO/ 1h/3H/ 6H. Once the water runs out, mist and light will be auto shut-off to protect the device. Making it safe for the whole family to enjoy.
- 【 Easy to Use 】 The diffuser is easy to use. The box come with complete set of operating and safety instructions. Simply fill the water reservoir with tap water, add 3 to 5 drops of essential oils and you are good to go!
The Diffuserlove Ceramic Diffuser is a very versatile and great option if you want a ceramic diffuser that is a little more budget-friendly. While many ceramic diffusers are plain white, this one is a beautiful green/blue color that works great with nearly any type of home decor. It has a delightful pattern in its ceramic cover that allows its light to shine brightly through.
This diffuser comes with four settings options: auto, 1-hour, 3-hour, 6-hour. Its 8.5 ounce (250ml) water tank allows it to run for up to 8 hours continuously. It also is a super silent machine that automatically shuts off when it runs out of water in its reservoir.
- It has an 8.5 ounce (250ml) reservoir that allows it to run for up to 8 hours
- A single-colored light allows you to light up your space pleasantly
- It has a beautiful ceramic cover that has a lovely pattern to let light out
- It has a good selection of settings and automatically shuts off when it becomes empty
- The price is very affordable and budget-friendly
- The ceramic cover can be difficult to remove
- It can be hard to clean and can begin to put of a musty scent
4. XIHADA Essential Oil Diffuser
- 1. Ceramic Essential Oil Diffuser: XIHADA essential oil diffuser is a Hand crafted ceramic diffuser designed out of the highest quality porcelain, a perfect gift for Father's Day,valentine's day, Students, friends, kids, ect.
- 2. Totally Quiet aromatherapy Diffuser: So quiet that suitable for baby room without noise, this diffuser lasts 4 hours continuous or 8 hours interval settings
- 3. 120ml White Diffuser for Essential Oils: using 2-3 drops of essential oils to this ceramic diffuser up to 300 Square Feet.
- 4. This aromatherapy diffuser for essential oils uses ultrasonic vibrations without heat therefore keeps essential oils in full integrity
- 5. Exquisite Gifts: XIHADA essential oil diffuser’s dimensions: 3.8 in x 7.9 in, high quality ceramic diffuser with elegant Gift Box, good gift to your families, friends, parents, Women’s Day & Father's Day
The XIHADA Essential Oil Diffuser is an excellent ceramic diffuser with some very desirable traits while also staying inexpensive. It has a fascinating design that resembles a fat wine bottle. The ceramic covering is thin enough to let light through from a multi-colored bulb with seven options inside the diffuser.
This diffuser has a capacity of only 4.06 ounces (120ml), which is significantly smaller than many other similar diffusers. Because of this smaller water tank, it can run for 4 hours continuously or 8 hours intermittently. It has a few basic settings, such as timing mode, and it is very quiet when turned on.
- The light is severely diffused through the porcelain, which makes it quite relaxing
- It is relatively inexpensive and suitable for people on a budget
- It is very silent when you turn it on
- The build quality is outstanding and super durable
- It has a pretty small water reservoir (only 120ml)
- This diffuser beeps loudly when empty, which can be quite startling
- Some units have experienced leaking along the edge of the porcelain cover
5. RiteSune Ceramic Diffuser
- 【Safe Material】 Water tank is made of PP material, this diffuser disperses a comfortable stream of room-temperature mist, no heat involved. User-friendly even to baby and pregnant
- 【Unique Ultrasonic Technology】 Adopted ultrasonic vibrations technology to disperse essential oils more efficiently with no noise, creating a superfine mist, which allow you to absorb the full benefit of essential oils
- 【4 Timer Setting】 Improved ultrasonic technology, and two mist modes (normal, intermittent), you can choose 1 or 2 hour continuous or 10 second intermittent time mode
- 【Waterless Auto-off】 The diffuser will automatically shut off once the water run out, you can enjoy a restful sleep with no worry in overheating machine
- 【7 Colors Light】 The light offers seven different color options, which can either cycle or be locked onto one color, with classic hollowed-out shell match it can match home decor perfectly
The RiteSune Ceramic Diffuser is a very capable diffuser with many good settings, features, and options. It has a delightful design with a wood-looking base that has a ceramic cover. The ceramic cover is white and has a floral design to allow the diffuser’s light to shine through.
This diffuser is very budget-friendly, though its price point can cause it to suffer from low quality and durability. It has a 10-second intermittent and a 1 or 2-hour continuous mode. The cover of this diffuser is easily removable, and it is a breeze to clean and maintain. Overall, this is a very capable diffuser that is great for those on a budget or who just want a cheaper unit.
- It is super quiet when turned on
- When it becomes empty, it automatically shuts itself off
- Gorgeous and minimalist design
- Easy cover removal and simple to clean
- Built-in light with seven color options and many modes
- Very affordable
- It has been known to collect water and can soak the surface it is placed on
- The cover does not fit on perfectly in some cases
- The quality and durability can suffer because of its cheap price point
All five of the diffusers that I just reviewed are excellent choices and very reliable machines. There are many available options, settings, and features, so it’s really up to you to decide which is best for your needs.
However, my personal favorite ceramic diffuser is the Ellia Gather Ultrasonic Essential Oil Diffuser.
It checks nearly every box when put up against the criterion of a good diffuser, which we discussed near the beginning of this article. The Ellia Gather has an excellent capacity of 200ml, which is plenty for it to run for up to 10 hours continuously. It also is very beautiful and has plenty of settings available.
While one of the more expensive options that we discussed, it is, in my opinion, well worth it because of its excellent build quality, aesthetics, and capacity. It also comes with many extra features, such as uplifting music and colored lighting. While not absolutely necessary, these features are great to have and can really set the mood in a room and make it very relaxing.
But in the end, make sure to take the time to evaluate precisely what you are looking for in a diffuser, and choose one that fits your wants, needs, and preferences.