If you’re in a hurry and just want to know which dragon’s blood incense would be the best, then I would recommend,Kingsglen Ceramic Waterfall Incense Burner Bundle, as your best choice.
Backflow incense burners have to be one of the coolest inventions in the history of incense burners. Maybe that’s going a little too far, but they are amazing to look at and even more stunning to see them in action.
While some have simple designs and others are more elaborate, most of them are made out of ceramic and/or resin, which makes them more like sculptural art. They’re so beautiful that deciding on the best backflow incense burner can be a fun endeavor.
In this article, I’m going to review the following backflow incense burners:
Stick around to learn more about some of my favorites and how you can choose the one that’s right for you.
My Top 5 Best Backflow Incense Burner Suggestions
This list of standout backflow incense burners is ordered from lowest to highest price as of the day of this posting, but all of them are worth considering, depending on your preferences.
1. Best Budget Option: Brass Frog Backflow Incense Burner
- Unque frog desgn， Afer ncense cone burns, he ncens waerfall founan smoke wll roll down lke a waerfall, whch s very wonderful and myserous A he same...
- ncense sck burner Made of hgh qualy znc alloyI s beauful srong and good for ncense sck for long-erm usage，Easy clean,he hold wll collec all he...
- Our backflow ncense burner as a aromaherapy ornamenal whch has a rch aroma and a long fragrance, helps o medae and relax,releve sress Wdely used n he...
- I s a very specal gf for "her" or "hm" I's deal choce for New Year, Moher's Day, Faher's Day, Valenne's Day, Chrsmas, brhday or oher holdays
- Please use ncense cone of good qualy and pu he ncense holder nsde he room where here s no wnd If you have any quesons or dssasfacon, please conac us,...
This little burner is a great introduction to backflow incense. At under 4 inches by 3.5 inches, it won’t take up too much space and you can transport it from room to room without a problem.
Made of brass alloy, a combination of copper and zinc, this is a durable burner that won’t hold heat or corrode easily. Another feature is that it won’t break if dropped, which is especially helpful if you have pets or children. You can expect it to last for a long time.
Some people find it a challenge to properly line up the cone and backflow holes but this censer has a wider hole to make it easier to create the waterfall effect.
I also love the fine details in its design, like the leaf texture and cute little frog hanging over the edge. Its metal finish can pair well with multiple decor styles.
- Terrific starter price
- Won’t take up much space
- Metal finish can go with most decor
- Not hot to touch; won’t burn the surface underneath
- Wide backflow hole diameter
- It might be too small for some people
2. Best Overall: Kingsglen Ceramic Waterfall Incense Burner Bundle
- Smoke will drip into the swimming pool like water, and it will be very relaxing and quiet when gazing.
- 50 upgraded incense cones and 30 sticks are provided for free: our incense holders have upgraded versions of incense cones, which have a longer...
- Our ceramic incense burner is 100% handmade and can be widely used in living room, bedroom, study, office, meditation room, yoga room, hotel, etc.
- Easy Clean: Flush the incense holder body with boiling water, and the stain on the censer will be removed.Smoke may leak from the bottom of the...
- If you are unsatisfied with our product, do not hesitate to reach us. We promise you we will get you a satisfied solution with either an exchange or...
If you are looking for a small burner that includes cones, here is an option for you. Made of ceramic, this tiered backflow burner is also designed to burn incense sticks. Burning incense sticks won’t generate the same smoke flow, but it is a convenient feature to be able to burn both in the same container.
In all, this bundle includes:
- 1 backflow incense burner
- 50 backflow incense cones
- 30 incense sticks
- 1 set of tweezers
- 1 protective mat
The incense cones and sticks in this bundle help you get started. You may not like the fragrances, but it can be helpful to practice using the censer with the included free backflow cones before burning more expensive ones.
Two additional helpful accessories are the set of tweezers and mat. Tweezers prevent you from burning your fingers as you prepare your incense cones for smoldering. The mat helps protect your surface from heat damage as you’re using the ceramic burner.
This beautiful burner is such a treat. Once smoke begins to appear, it spills over into a cute little koi pond.
- Decent price considering all that’s included
- Aesthetically pleasing
- Compact and portable
- All the startup accessories you need
- Great gift idea
- You may dislike how the included incense smells
- It’s rather small
3. Best for Meditation: Mudra Backflow Incense Burner Bundle
- ✅【What is Included】Packaged in a delicate oriental style gift box with 20 pcs incense cones, 1 x metal tweezer, 1 x mat. You will experience the...
- ✅【Exquisite Workmanship】Ceramic incense holder with a creative design, matt finish. It is created by skilled craftsmen in traditional style with...
- ✅【Features & Functions】Create a relaxed, peaceful and pleasant atmosphere easily. Helps freshen the air, calms emotions, relieves anxiety and...
- ✅【Application Occasion】Ideal for yoga, SPA, home, aromatherapy, meditation, writing, etc. Also works as a great decoration even without the...
- ❤️【Buy with confidence】We provide 24-hour friendly email customer service. If you have any dissatisfaction, please contact us, we replace or...
This is an elegant backflow burner of a mudra and teapot that seems perfect for meditation. Also a bundle, it includes:
- 1 backflow incense burner
- 20 backflow incense cones
- 1 set of tweezers
- 1 protective mat
Fairly small to medium in size, this soil-fired ceramic incense burner is 5.5 inches (14 cm) tall and 3.58 inches (9.1 cm) wide. Its depth is 6.1 inches (15.5 cm). As the cone releases smoke, it trickles down the teapot and into the teacup below.
Just looking at it and the smoke as it passes through the fingers and onto the base of the vessel is relaxing and meditative.
- Packaged for gift-giving
- Includes all the basic accessories
- Graceful sculpture to decorate the home
- You may not like how the incense smells
4. Most Dramatic: Ceramic Dragon Backflow Incense Burner
- ➤Material: ceramic ；Size: 6 "x 6.3"
- ➤Dragon, on behalf of the power! Have it, your future is very bright! Dragon, can bring you a strong belief. Work more smoothly!
- ➤Unique Beauty: The smoke steam down like a waterfall, the incense burner surrounded by smoke, a mysterious atmosphere.
- ➤Workmanship is very delicate! The perfect handicraft! Very suitable for collection! You will never miss it!
- ➤What You Get: 1 x Dragon backflow incense holder, 100 x backflow incense cones
This design was so captivating and original that I had to include it. Dragon backflow incense burners are ideal for those who are into folklore, Harry Potter, medieval history or any related theme.
Larger than the previous ones at 6 inches (15.24 cm) by 6.3 inches (16 cm), this burner is also molded out of ceramic with a matte finish. Smoke flows from the dragon’s mouth onto a crystal ball and then overflows into a boat.
One hundred wormwood incense cones are included as a bonus. There’s also a hole for burning an incense stick, which is convenient.
In some cultures, dragons represent evil and chaos. But in others, it represents wisdom, strength, and health. So seeing this dragon in your home can be a reminder of those more positive attributes.
- Decorative object that makes a statement
- Includes bonus backflow cones
- Can also burn an incense stick
- Price is still pretty moderate
- Higher financial commitment
- You may not like the incense
5. Most Visual Appeal: Mudra & Lotus Flower Backflow Incense Burner
- ✅【Mystery】The smoke flows down like a waterfall, and the incense burner is shrouded in smoke, creating a mysterious atmosphere.
- ✅【Relaxation】Lighting reflux cones help to reduce anxiety, and improve work efficiency. Great helper for doing yoga, meditation, studying, or...
- ✅【Handicrafts and Collectibles】All of our incense burners are made of high quality ceramics handcrafted by traditional craftsmen. This is a very...
- ✅【Perfect Gift】An awesome piece of art that people of most ages will enjoy. It can be an amazing birthday gift, Valentine's day gift, wedding...
- ✅【Exquisite Workmanship】Our ceramic backflow incense holder is an elegant handmade collection crafted in a unique design that offers you a Zen,...
Another meditative hand position but this one incorporates lotus flowers. This vessel is the tallest, at 6.7 inches (17.02 cm), with a width of 5.5 inches (13.97 cm).
Also handcrafted out of ceramic, smoke flows from the top lotus blossom, creeps down a winding stem onto a hand and base below. A second lotus flower holds incense sticks.
This is a beautiful piece of sculptural art that comes with 20 bonus backflow cones.
- Great for gifting
- Nice addition to home decor
- Includes bonus backflow cones
- Can also burn incense sticks
- More expensive than the others
More About Backflow Incense Burners
As you may already know, backflow incense burners reverse the flow of smoke that is released from incense cones. This is done with the help of a narrow hole drilled into the bottom of standard incense cones, converting them to backflow incense cones.
Without this hole, which extends up to about three-fourths of the incense cone, smoke leaving the cone would travel upwards, even when placed on a backflow incense burner.
So without both elements – the hollowed backflow cone and specific backflow burner, the cones would simply smolder as usual without any special effects.
Here’s a demonstration in case you haven’t seen them in action before:
Disadvantages to Using Backflow Incense Burners
Although backflow incense burners are mesmerizing to watch, there are some frustrations that can be experienced when using them.
A False Start
When lighting backflow incense cones you have to avoid extinguishing the flame right away. Keeping it lit for 12 seconds or more can help ensure that it is hot enough to remain activated.
If the hole that’s burrowed into the incense cone doesn’t align with the backflow hole, the waterfall effect will either be slight or it won’t exist at all.
So after the cone has been lit and is smoldering, pick it up with a pair of tweezers and center it directly over the censer hole. Positioning it properly makes a huge difference.
The Slightest Gust of Wind
All of the burners listed in this post are beautiful, but there is another thing to keep in mind to avoid disappointment before using any of them.
In order for the smoke to flow properly, you want to make sure that there isn’t any wind blowing through windows or from a fan.
Even if you have an air conditioner or central air running, the flow of the smoke will be disrupted if your incense burner is close to a vent.
Backflow incense burners need to be in a still environment in order to be effective.
Only Works With Backflow Cones
This can be a disadvantage if you already have a bunch of standard incense cones on hand. Or, it can be frustrating if not paying attention when purchasing a new set of cones. But you have to specifically buy incense cones that are labeled, “backflow” in order for any of these burners to work.
Advantages to Using Backflow Incense Burners
With those points out of the way, let’s consider all the benefits of using a backflow incense burner.
Backflow burners beckon you to stillness. It would be challenging to see smoke building up in one of these vessels without at least pausing to look at it for a moment. Since the smoke floats so slowly, it invites you to be still for 10-15 minutes and simply observe the passing of time – electing to be in the moment.
I think that watching the smoke in backflow burners is a nice break away from screens and devices.
Incense cones typically burn for no more than twenty minutes. Most only smolder for ten to fifteen minutes. This is enough time to engage in a short moment of sensory meditation.
With backflow incense burners, you engage your sense of sight, smell, and maybe even touch if you place your hands near the smoke clouds, allowing its coolness to twist and turn through your fingers.
Watching the smoke drift and expand as its fragrance envelops you, can help pull you into the present moment of focused meditation. Learn more about incense and meditation.
Cleanses The Air
Some incense fragrances, like sandalwood and frankincense are naturally antibacterial, antifungal, and antiviral. So depending on the type of incense cones you burn, you may cleanse the air as you enjoy your backflow burner.
End of Day Relaxation
Incense can also help those struggling to fall asleep. It’s known to alleviate stress and decrease depression and anxiety symptoms. Burning backflow incense at the end of the day might help you fall asleep and stay asleep throughout the night.
What a beautiful way to freshen the air. A backflow incense burner can be used in place of canned air fresheners or wall units. If you prefer not to use sprays or candles, backflow incense is an alternative option.
How To Choose The Best Backflow Incense Burner
Choosing the best backflow incense burner is a matter of preference. There is a lot to consider, like its size, materials, color, how it functions, or whether it comes with accessories. Cost might be another consideration.
Size – Most of the censers in this article are fairly small. The last two are medium to large-sized. The amount of space that you have to devote to one of these vessels is one of the first factors to consider.
Materials – Many of the backflow burners I’ve come across are made of ceramic. This might not be a good option if you have an active cat or curious child who might cause it to break. But some backflow burners are made of metal or other materials.
Color – This is purely aesthetic. If you prefer to have a burner that blends in well with your decor, this may narrow your choices a bit unless price is of little to no concern.
Function – Would you prefer to have a backflow burner that also burns incense sticks? If space is a concern, then function might be something worth thinking about.
Accessories – What’s included? Tweezers? Backflow cones? Do you need these accessories or do you already have them on hand? Would you prefer to order separate backflow cones? If so, the bundled backflow burners might not be appealing to you.
Cost – As you can tell from my top five list, there is a range of prices available and the ones I chose did not even cover the full gamut. Don’t allow price to turn you off. I’m pretty sure that you can find something within your budget.
Maintaining Backflow Incense Burners
The beautiful experience created when using backflow incense burners will be short-lived if the censers are not properly maintained.
Rinsing Your Burner
After using your backflow burner, discard the ashes and then rinse your burner with hot water. It would be best to place it in a sink first, and then pour hot water over the entire object, starting at the top where you sat your incense cone.
More Detailed Cleaning
Use a q-tip or something similar to remove any remaining ashes from the backflow hole. It’s best to do this while the burner is still wet from rinsing.
Preparation for Next Use
Using a microfiber or cotton cloth, dry off the incense burner in preparation for its next use.
If you take these steps after each use (or at least every other use), then your burner is more likely to function well for you over a long period of time.
A backflow incense burner can be a nice addition to your home and life in general. It can help you create relaxing moments that are grounding and joyful.
The clear winner for me is the Kingsglen ceramic waterfall incense burner because it’s a reasonable price, moderate size, and comes with everything a person would need to get started with backflow incense.
My favorite runner up would be the dragon burner – purely for aesthetic purposes, which I think is fine in some cases.
Just keep size, materials, color, function, accessories, and cost in mind when making your decision, and I’m sure you’ll find the best backflow incense burner for your home.