When I first heard about Plant Therapy I thought it was yet another essential oils company making empty promises. I wasn’t sure about the quality or whether it would even be worth the try, but I decided to go ahead and give it a go.
It turns out that Plant Therapy is a company committed to their customers while making positive change within communities internationally. They create high-quality essential oils and many more health and wellness products. Their manufacturing process is top-notch, and they offer essential oils for a wide range of customers.
Continue reading to learn more about why I am so impressed with this company and the essential oils that you might find useful.
The Plant Therapy Brand Story
Plant Therapy was founded in Twin Falls, Idaho in 2011 and has become one of the fastest growing essential oil companies in the United States. It has been recognized as the number one fastest growing company in the state of Idaho. Its owner, Chris Jones attributes their success to a firm commitment to integrity and setting high product standards.
Not only do they pride themselves for selling 100% pure essential oils, they are pleased to do so at affordable price points.
Plant Therapy Quality Assurance
Plant Therapy thoroughly vets any company that is involved in their sourcing and manufacturing process – from farmers to suppliers – they only work with those who have shown proven commitment to this industry.
The quality and makeup of an essential oil depends on multiple factors, including the country where the plant was grown, its soil conditions, weather fluctuations, when it’s harvested, and many other factors. Plant Therapy tests all of their oils, even ones obtained from the same suppliers.
Certified aromatherapists test the oils to assess consistency, color, smell, and overall appearance. After in-house testing, oils are sent to a third-party company for further quality testing.
Plant Therapy accessories, like diffusers, get this same level of attention. Before partnering with any supplier, Plant Therapy considers a company’s reputation, sourcing, and sustainability practices.And then the testing begins.
Every single diffuser is tested for 24-hours before it is sold to a customer. Their diffusers are made of non-BPA, food-grade plastics that will not release toxins or deteriorate with use.
Products Offered by Plant Therapy
All Plant Therapy products are cruelty-free and even meet the rigorous Leaping Bunny Certification standards. These guidelines are so strict that they not only apply to Plant Therapy, but also to any company they choose to partner with whether it’s for oils or accessories.
Plant Therapy offers products in five main categories:
Body Care: Natural carrier oils, beeswax, bath bombs, bentonite clay, body creams, deodorants, lip balms, facial cleansers, and more.
Household: Inclusive of carpet fresheners, wool dryer balls, wrinkle releasers, room sprays, diffusers, candles, veggie wash, and multi-surface and glass cleaners
CBD: Safe, high quality topical CBD oils (healthy cannabinoids from the hemp plant) for humans and pets.
Pup & Pony: Essential oils, diffusers, and balms designed specifically to meet the needs of adult dogs and horses to help them deal with emotional and health challenges.
Essential Oils: Natural essential oils offered as single notes, blends, organics, and kid-friendly options. Oils are available in five sizes: 2.5ml (1/12 oz), 5ml (⅙ oz), 10ml (⅓ oz bottle or roll-on), 30ml (1 oz), and 100ml (3.3 oz). I’ll share more about the oils down below.
Surprising Facts about Plant Therapy
There are some additional facts that stand out about this company that I had to share with you.
Kids & Pets
What I really like about this brand is that they created product lines especially for children and pets. Products are safe, gentle, and rigorously tested.
It is rare for a company to dedicate so many resources towards offering a safe and pure product without that effort being reflected in the price tag. But Plant Therapy feels that you shouldn’t have to compromise quality in order to be charged a fair price.
Plant Therapy founded their own philanthropy program in order to support their mission of operating a people-first company, and they named it, Planting Kindness.
They’ve worked with Boys & Girls clubs, West African communities, the Alzheimer’s Association, Make-A-Wish Foundation, Australian wildfires, local Twin Falls School District Education Foundation, Loveland Foundation, healthcare workers battling COVID-19, and many more organizations through monetary and product donations.
7 Plant Therapy Essential Oils Reviewed
1. Plant Therapy TerraFuse Deluxe Brown Diffuser with 7×7 Essential Oils
First up is a diffuser and essential oil set. I selected this one for those of you who might not have a diffuser yet, or would like a new one to place in a different room. It comes with 14 essential oils – seven singles and seven blends – which gives you a nice sampling of Plant Therapy’s most popular oils. Each bottle is 10ml (⅓ fl oz).
Plant’s Therapy’s deluxe diffuser holds 210 ml (7.1 oz) of water, which is a pretty large reservoir as far as diffusers go. Its mist disperses well in 430 sq ft (40-50 sq meters) and larger. But it’s compact at 6in wide by 5.25in high.
There are five timer settings. You will experience about eight hours of diffusion on the continuous setting. Additional settings are: 2-hours, alternating 15 minutes on/30 minutes off cycle, 15 seconds on/30 seconds off cycle, and continuous 30 minutes on/30 minutes off cycle.
Once the time cycle is complete or the reservoir is out of water, it’ll automatically shut off.
Lastly, there’s an optional LED light setting that automatically comes on when the mist settings are activated, but the LED light can be dimmed, or shut off altogether.
Single Essential Oils
- Cinnamon cassia – spicy aroma generates warmth and is perfect for the holiday season
- Eucalyptus globulus – refreshingly woody and herbaceous oil that offers respiratory support
- Lavender – one of the few essential oils that can invigorate and calm
- Lemon – fresh and clean scent that supports the immune system
- Peppermint – stimulates the senses with a refreshing and cooling scent
- Sweet Orange – citrusy sweet fragrance that brings levity to the room
- Tea Tree – earthy but refreshing scent to help calm an atmosphere
Essential Oil Blends
- Energy – a stimulating boost of essential oils: blood orange, ginger root, eucalyptus, Egyptian geranium, peppermint, and lemon
- Germ Fighter – immune system protection and support recovery with cinnamon cassia, clove bud, lemon, eucalyptus, and rosemary
- Immune Aid – body and mind support from rosemary, eucalyptus, lemon, tea tree, frankincense, and sweet orange
- Invigor Aid – focusing blend: black pepper, lemon, sandalwood
- Sensual – floral, woody, sweet oil combination made of ylang ylang, jasmine, sandalwood, patchouli
- Relax – soothing, decompressing mix: sweet marjoram, patchouli, lavender, bourbon geranium, Roman chamomile, and mandarin
- Tranquil – calming and soothing oils: bergamot, patchouli, blood orange, grapefruit, and ylang ylang.
- Amazing value for the price
- Great mixture to start off with
- Large diffuser reservoir
- Helps you find your favorite oils
- Stone diffuser too obviously plastic
- Fairly high initial investment
2. Plant Therapy Organic Peppermint Essential Oil
Plant Therapy’s organic oils are free from GMOs and are derived from plants grown in pesticide-free soil.
This steam distilled peppermint oil has an uplifting and refreshing scent and is housed in an amber bottle that is 30 ml (1 oz). If you need a boost throughout the day, place this oil in your diffuser to increase alertness. Its menthol content can also help to open up your sinuses.
- Certified organic
- Steam distilled for scent accuracy
- Affordable price
- Affordable substitute but not the best oil
- Not as strong a fragrance as some would like
3. Plant Therapy Essential Oils KidSafe Starter Set
One of the highlights of this brand is all of their kid-focused products; they were the first brand to offer essential oils safe enough to use for children. This starter set includes six 10 ml (⅓ fl oz) bottles of the following essential oil blends:
Study Time – This blend can be diffused during homework time to assist in mental focus due to a combination of: bergamot, petitgrain, pink grapefruit, atlas cedarwood, lavender, and vetiver.
Calming the Child – Great to use in preparation for bed or to ease emotions throughout the day, this is a blend of: lavender, tangerine, mandarin, and Roman chamomile.
Germ Destroyer – Use as a protective shield against germs or to help recover from illness. It’s a blend of: rosalina, sweet marjoram, lavender, black spruce, and lemon.
Immune Boom – Petitgrain, palmarosa, lemon, frankincense, and carterii were blended to ward off seasonal threats but supporting a healthy immune system.
Nighty Night – Add a few drops to a diffuser about 30 minutes before bedtime to help your child relax and fall into a deep sleep. It’s a combination of patchouli, clary sage, blue tansy, Roman chamomile, lavender, cedarwood, sweet marjoram, and mandarin.
Sniffle Stopper – Help clear your child’s sinuses with this cool, refreshing blend of: cypress, spearmint, Virginian cedarwood, black spruce, rosalina, and fir needle.
- Gentle oils especially formulated for children
- Seem to effectively help with calming, sleeping, stopping sniffles, etc
- Adults and the elderly can also benefit from these blends
- Less expensive than most but still a little pricey
- Oils seem to get switched out without notice
- Some dislike the scent combination
4. Plant Therapy Sleepy Time KidSafe Set with Forest Friends Diffuser
Another kid-friendly product is Plant Therapy’s Forest Friends diffusers. Kids can choose between interchangeable bunny, fox, or bear ears and this set comes with three 10 ml (⅓ fl oz) KidsSafe sleep-related essential oil blends.
It plays soft music to help lull your little one to sleep in one of three volume settings. There’s also a night light feature that lights in candlelight mode or in blue or purple. Its reservoir holds 145 ml (4.9 fl oz) of water and can throw fragrance up to 484 sq ft.
Default running time is 30 minutes with automatic shut-off. Other options are 15 seconds on/30seconds off and 15 minutes on/30 minutes off cycles.
Sleepy Time Essential Oil Blends
NightyNight – helps to prepare your child for sleep and to remain sleep throughout the night, it includes: patchouli, clary sage, blue tansy, Roman chamomile, lavender, atlas cedarwood, sweet marjoram, and green mandarin peel.
Sweet Dreams – formulated to help your little one sleep well throughout the entire night, this blend includes: rose flower extract, blue tansy, coriander seed oil, juniper fruit oil, and sweet orange peel.
Sweet Slumber – this blend has the same effect as Sweet Dreams but without lavender, instead it includes: cinnamon wood oil, sweet orange peel, vetiver root oil, Roman chamomile, and cedarwood oil.
- Kids love choosing a set of ears
- They also love listening to the music
- Affordable kids’ diffuser option
- Some feel that the diffuser is hard to clean
5. Plant Therapy Pup & Pony Line: K9 Confidence
Floral, sweet, and woodsy all at once, this is a 10 ml (⅓ fl oz) bottle filled with a blend of: blood orange peel oil, rose flower extract, ylang ylang, vetiver root oil, and cedarwood oil. It’s perfect for dogs dealing with separation anxiety and even past traumas.
Diffuse this oil when there’s a loud storm, fireworks, or any jarring noise that can cause your dog to become anxious. The only downfall is that these oil combinations are not safe for all pets. If you only have dogs, it is safe to diffuse, but if you have other pets like birds, cats, reptiles, etc, it’s best not to diffuse these oils in a room the other pets have access to.
- Highly effective
- Helps dog sitters
- Must not diffuse or use around other pets
- Must pay attention and gradually start with very small doses
6. Plant Therapy Pumpkin Spice Fall Essential Oil Blend
It’s that season – pumpkin spice everything! This is one of six oils in the Feels Like Fall essential oil blend collection. The Pumpkin Spice blend makes your home feel warm and cozy and smell just like pumpkin pie.
Unlike some of the brands you find in the stores, this one is still 100% natural and is a combination of: cinnamon bark oil, cardamom seed oil, clove bud oil, nutmeg, ginger root, lemon peel oil, vanilla, blood orange peel, and balsam resin.
In case you were wondering, the other blends in the Fall collection are:
- Maple Bar
- Harvest Moon
- Fall Rain
- Apple Orchard
- Autumn Breeze
- Most love the smell and feel it’s accurate
- Fall smell without the chemicals
- Gets you in the seasonal mood
- Some hate the smell
- Must shake vigorously or it won’t smell nice
- It’s a really dark oil that can stain light materials
7. Plant Therapy Wellness Sampler Set
This is also the season when we hear more sniffles and coughs, but this wellness sampler can help boost the immune system and even recover from seasonal ailments.
Three 10 ml bottles are included:
Germ Fighter – more preventative in nature and great for diffusing at the start of flu season; its oils include: cinnamon, lemon, clove, eucalyptus, and rosemary.
Immune Aid – helps clear up the chest and soothe the throat using eucalyptus, tea tree, rosemary, lemon, frankincense, and sweet orange oil.
Respir Aid – helps dissolve mucus and clear up the respiratory system with a blend of: eucalyptus, pine oil, peppermint, lavender, cypress, spruce hemlock, and sweet marjoram.
- Useful in fall and winter seasons
- Packaged well for gift-giving
- As effective as more expensive brands
- Containers may not last an entire season
Customers’ Thoughts About Plant Therapy
Most customers feel that Plant Therapy essential oils are made of exceptional quality. But as with all products, there are also some concerns.
What Customers Like About Plant Therapy
- Customers love all of the interval options available on the deluxe diffuser and its color helps create an atmosphere of calm.
- Their diffusers run so quietly that you can keep them on throughout the night.
- Even though Plant Therapy increased the water capacity for diffuser models, they’re still compact.
- Parents find that the sleepy time oils help their children to wake up more well-rested, less cranky.
What Customers Dislike About Plant Therapy
- Some customers dislike the smell of the oil blends.
- Some dislike that the stone-like plastic mold on the deluxe diffuser has an obvious seam that makes it look phony.
- Cord and power button placement of the deluxe diffuser was also an annoyance.
- The kids diffuser itself runs quietly but some parents wish that they could play the music on an even lower setting.
There are so many great options offered by this company but if you are new to the company or using essential oils altogether, I would suggest that you start with Plant Therapy TerraFuse Deluxe Brown Diffuser with 7×7 Essential Oils.
If you have children, the Forest Friends diffuser and Sleepy Time essential oils can not only help them calm down and fall asleep, they may wake up more refreshed.
Lastly, as we get closer to the fall and holiday seasons, you may want to try their warm and inviting seasonal blends.
I am sure that you can find a Plant Therapy essential oil that works well for you!
- Nature’s Truth Essential Oils Review
- Edens Garden Essential Oils Review
- Young Living Essential Oils Review
- Guru Nanda Essential Oils Review
- Artnaturals Essential Oils Review