There are a lot of new essential oils brands out there and many claims to be natural although not all of them are. Also, there seems to be a disconnect between how products are used versus the practices that are carried out to create the product. This is why I wanted to share a Guru Nanda essential oils review.
Not only are Guru Nanda essential oils sustainably sourced from farms around the world, they also help prompt economic growth in areas where many struggles to earn a living wage. When purchasing Guru Nanda products, you can rest in knowing that workers are not exploited at any stage of the process. This is also a company that practices health and wellness and is not simply creating wellness products.
If intentionally supporting sustainable products at a moderate price point without sacrificing quality is important to you, then continue reading!
All About Guru Nanda
In 2015, serial entrepreneur Puneet Nanda founded Guru Nanda in Buena Park, California.
Visit Guru Nanda Official Website here.
After a health scare, Nanda returned to his Indian roots in 2012 to become reacquainted with Yoga. He studied it for a year, and then returned to the U.S. in 2013 to open a yoga studio, also called Guru Nanda.
It was at his yoga studio that he noticed a gap in the market for sustainably grown, high quality essential oils, that were also financially accessible. He spent two years researching farms that he could work with. Nanda believes in the importance of cultivating plants in their original habitats in order to harvest the best plants.
Using what he calls a global farm alliance, his company works directly with farmers and over forty local distillers so that the oils are extracted immediately after they are harvested. He purchases a 6-month supply of the oils, and then has them shipped to California. There are no additives. Once the oils arrive in the States, Nanda has them blended, bottled, and packaged in his California warehouses.
Some locations of his global farm alliance are:
- Australia (tea tree oil)
- Brazil (orange oil)
- Bulgaria (lavender)
- China (eucalyptus)
- Haiti (vetiver)
- Indonesia (clove)
- Italy (lemons)
- Madagascar (ylang ylang)
- Morocco (rosemary)
- Nepal (lemongrass)
- Sri Lanka (cinnamon)
- USA (cedarwood and peppermint)
Nanda also conducts quality checks to ensure that farmers are not using genetically modified seeds. And they refrain from using pesticides or any other chemicals. Working with many of these farms helps stimulate economic growth in developing countries.
Because Nanda is directly involved in every aspect of this Guru Nanda, and he’s cut out the middlemen, he is able to sell these 100% natural oils at a more reasonable price than his competitors. As of early 2021, the company sells close to 200 tons of oil yearly.
In addition to natural essential oils, Guru Nanda sells its own diffusers, humidifiers, dental pulling oils, tongue scrapers, epsom salts, facial rollers, and a few additional bath and body products.
This company aims to promote holistic wellness, mind, body, and spirit.
Guru Nanda Essential Oils Product Review
1. Guru Nanda Essential Oil Diffuser (Pack of Two)
This is a set of two oil diffusers that take up very little space and work well in a nursery, bedroom, kitchen, or even the family room. Aroma spreads in 200 sq ft (18.58 sq m) of space, so these diffusers are designed for small to medium spaces. You can choose one of three mist mods: continuous, intermittent, or turbo. Continuous lasts for three hours and intermittent lasts the full six hours. And then there’s the turbo option, which gives you an intense burst of fragrance for five minutes.
Holding 100 ml (about half a cup) of water, it still runs for up to six hours when water is added to the fill line. Cool air of humidifiers helps protect the integrity of essential oils.
Energy-efficient LED lights give you seven light display options. As water levels decrease, the diffuser shuts off automatically so you can fall asleep without worrying about remembering to turn off the machine.
Lastly, it is easy to use. Simply add water to the machine with a few drops of essential oil. Plug it in, select a mist mode, and rest easy.
2. Guru Nanda True Lavender Essential Oils (Set of Two)
Lavender is one of the most common essential oil fragrances. These bottles are 15 ml (about half an ounce) each with an oil dropper for precision.
Extracted with steam distillation, Guru Nanda essential oils are 100% natural, undiluted, cruelty-free, chemical-free, and verified therapeutic grade. Their lavender oil is sourced from Bulgaria.
Amber bottles help preserve the oil long-term, protecting it from the sun, otherwise they can lose their scent and potency.
Lavender can help reduce headaches, encourage sleep, and create a calming atmosphere.
If you prefer not to use a diffuser, you can add 20 drops of oil to water in a spray bottle to use as a mister at home as an air freshener or on your bed linens.
3. Guru Nanda Essential Oil Blends
This is a set of six natural oil blends that are more adventurous than essential oils blends created by other companies, and they come in a magnetic storage box. Blended by a certified aromatherapist, each bottle is 10ml / 0.33 fl oz.
These are the most popular oil blends sold by Guru Nanda:
|Oil Blend||Relaxation||Calming Sleep|
|Ingredients||grapefruit, orange, eucalyptus, lavender, lavandin, basil||lavender, lavandin, wintergreen, frankincense, amyris, lemongrass, lemon, orange, cedarwood, patchouli|
|Benefits||Curated to help you feel calm, it’s a fruity floral herbaceous scent.||A mixture of fragrances to help lull you to sleep.|
|Ingredients||spearmint, cedarwood, patchouli||clove, lemon, cinnamon, eucalyptus, rosemary|
|Benefits||Unique combination of fresh mint and woodlands landscape to help promote groundedness.||Essential oils derived from these spices can help support your immune health.|
|Oil Blend||Breath Easy||Harmony|
|Ingredients||eucalyptus, peppermint, basil, tea tree, rosemary||lemon, petitgrain, bitter orange, bergamot, lime, orange, lemongrass, vanilla, grapefruit|
|Benefits||Designed to help you decongest this is a cool mint fragrance and you will mostly smell the eucalyptus.||This citrusy blend helps revitalize and generate feels of happiness.|
4. Guru Nanda Single Note Essential Oils (Set of 6)
Instead of blends, this set includes six 10ml / 0.33 fl oz bottles of Guru Nanda’s most popular single note essential oils. They are also stored in a magnetic storage box which helps protect and prolong the life of these oils. Since exposure to air can cause oils to deteriorate, Guru Nanda uses leak-proof caps.
Here are the included oils:
- Lavender – floral, herbaceous fragrance to help reduce tension and anxiety
- Peppermint – invigorates and revitalizes with a sweet mint fragrance
- Eucalyptus – helps decongest and invigorate with a pungent but fresh fragrance
- Orange – an invigorating citrus fragrance to help lift the mood
- Lemongrass – grassy, citrus fragrance to help calm, cleanse, and soothe
- Cedarwood – helps cleanse and balance emotions in a leathery, earthy scent
5. Set of 12 Guru Nanda Essential Oils
A combination of the previous two sets, all twelve of Guru Nanda’s most popular essential oils are included in this set.
To get the most out of your essential oils, it is best to store them in a cool, dry place with no extreme fluctuations in temperature. That is what makes the included wooden storage box such a cool feature. In addition to being a nice storage space, it offers added protection from sunlight for prolonged use of your oils.
6. Guru Nanda Honeycomb Humidifier & Diffuser with Essential Oils Set
If you could use a humidifier that also diffuses oils, then this set could work well for you. It includes all of the top essential oil blends previously mentioned. The humidifier houses a 90ml (3.04 fl 0z) water tank and runs quietly as you rest or sleep.
Although the machine automatically cycles through seven color changing light modes, you can select and lock in one color choice.
Similar to the first diffuser, this one has an auto-shutoff function that’s triggered after six hours to prevent overheating. This one also includes the continuous and intermittent mist modes as it gets rid of dry air while distributing fragrance throughout the room.
How to use:
- Open the top lid
- Add water to the fill line
- Add 3-4 drops of your essential oils
- Press the central button to power up the humidifier
Alternatively, you can customize your settings for a different run time.
Customer Opinions about Guru Nanda Essential Oils
Most reviews of Guru Nanda essential oils are overwhelmingly positive and there is some critical feedback as well. Below is some customer feedback sectioned by product.
Feedback for Guru Nanda Oil Diffusers:
- Customers were pleased that the fragrance was distributed throughout the entire room.
- The set of two diffusers are small, but they hold a good amount of water. They are best used in more compact spaces like smaller bedrooms or nurseries.
- Sometimes they get clogged and need a proper cleaning in order to function well again.
- These are not the nicest looking diffusers, but they work well and are great value for the price.
- Because they’re so compact, some customers take these diffusers along when traveling to fill the entire hotel room with calming fragrance.
- They are really user-friendly, both easy to use and work well.
Guru Nanda Lavender Oil Reviews
- This oil makes your home smell like a spa.
- This fragrance is a favorite for the entire family.
- It is a pleasant scent that is not overwhelming.
- This fragrance helps some customers breathe better as well.
Customer Feedback for Guru Nanda Essential Oil Blends
- Inexpensive and effective set of oils.
- The scents traveled throughout two rooms within the home.
- Some feel that the scents clash with one another and only like one or two out of the entire set.
- This was the perfect gift for a family member living in a senior housing facility, making their room smell more like a home rather than a hospital.
- Many customers felt that these oils were just as good as the higher-priced oils.
- The relaxation oil blend can even help very active children calm down a bit.
Single Note Essential Oils Reviews
- You have to be careful to protect your hands and table surface when using these oils because they are so potent that they can irritate your skin or remove the finish from furniture.
- These oils are okay for the price but not as strong as others that they used.
- Some felt that the fragrance is not as strong as it used to be when they’ve ordered in the past.
- Some of the scents, like cedarwood and eucalyptus, help customers feel more connected to nature.
- A few drops go a long way and this set offers a nice variety of fragrances.
- Some dislike the limited size options. They feel that it would be nice to be able to purchase larger bottles of their favorite oils.
Feedback for Guru Nanda Set of 12 Essential Oils
- This boxed set is well labeled and worth the price for the amount of oil that’s included
- A great option for those who are looking to try out the oils created by this brand.
- These scents linger in the room for hours and this set lasts for a long time.
Guru Nanda Honeycomb Humidifier Feedback
- It’s an attractive humidifier and effectively moistens the air and distributes fragrance.
- This humidifier and oils help improve sleep quality.
- Others love the company’s mission as well as receiving high quality products that function properly.
- The diffuser is smaller than some customers expected.
- If you plan to use this humidifier in children’s rooms, you may want to order the single note essential oils set because customers report that their children are not a big fan of the oil blends.
- It is possible to disable the lights altogether if you prefer to do without the night lamp.
If you have a diffuser and are new to this brand and just want to test out their oils, I would suggest that you start with the set of lavender essential oils. Lavender is a popular and pretty universal fragrance that most people like and often use in their homes. You can’t really go wrong with this fragrance when trying out new products.
But in terms of value for the money, I would suggest getting the set of twelve essential oils and blends for the variety of fragrances and a nice storage box. With this set, you can try out all of Guru Nanda’s most popular oils, and they will last a long time because they will be protected if they are kept in the wooden box.
Lastly, if you don’t own a diffuser, the honeycomb diffuser with six essential oil blends would make a great starter kit.
As always, the choice is yours! Consider whichever option is the best fit for your personal needs.
- Artnaturals Essential Oils Review
- Revive Essentials Oils Review
- Ellia Essential Oils Review
- Lagunamoon Essential Oils Review
- Young Living Essential Oils Review