Glade Automatic Spray is well-loved by many customers who find it to be a convenient tool. Using this kit, you can fill a room or area of your home with a continuous inviting fragrance without having to keep a watch on it.
This device can be set on a flat surface like a shelf, table, or dresser. Alternatively, you can mount it on a wall, so long as it’s at least six feet high for even scent distribution.
The kit includes:
- Three 6.2 oz canisters of fragrance
- One spray unit
- Two AA batteries
Timed automatic fragrance releases every 9, 18, or 36 minutes. Cashmere Wood’s jasmine, citrus, sandalwood, vanilla, and musk fragrance blend lasts up to 60 days on its lowest release interval of 36 minutes.
But if you want a fragrance boost in between intervals, that’s possible using the “boost button” on the rear of the device.
- Comforting floral and woody fragrance
- Boost button for manual fragrance release
- Battery powered
- Covers pet odors
- Nice alternative to lighting candles
- Accessing the boost button is difficult if the unit is mounted on a wall
- Scent may not linger for long after it sprays
Things to Consider Before Buying a Glade Automatic Spray Unit
Glade Automatic Spray is a trouble-free product, but it still may not be the best option for everyone.
You can “set it and forget it,” hang it or set it on a table, and choose from a fairly wide variety of fragrances. It also comes with your first set of batteries, which can last for a year. But there are more things to consider:
Scent Preferences Vary
So it’s probably not a surprise to hear that different people can react to the same fragrance in too many ways to count. Just keep in mind that a scent you prefer might not be well liked by others within the home.
If your Automatic Spray unit sits on a flat surface, you can simply move it to a different room. But if you plan to mount it, you will want to choose a neutral scent that everyone in the household will enjoy.
Some Units are Noisy
If you’re a light sleeper, you may not want to place this unit in or near your bedroom. In addition to hearing a squeaky noise when the time sprays the device, you may also hear the machine operating in between sprays. The sound can startle you or your pets if you live in a quiet home.
Glade Automatic Spray: Features & Benefits
Keeping a room fresh without having to remember to spray a solution or light a candle is one of the primary benefits of using automatic spray units.
Here are some additional benefits:
Sometimes the desire to reduce waste causes customers to choose an alternative room freshener. Glade refill containers are made with steel that’s made with at least 20% post-consumer recycled material. Once you’re done using the container, know that it’s 100% recyclable.
Determining exactly which room would benefit from an automatic air freshener is not always obvious at the start. The portability of this device makes it easy to move it from room to room until you find the perfect space and placement for the unit.
I think that this feature can help prolong the use of each refill can. With the unit on its lowest setting, 36 minute intervals, you can occasionally release more fragrance when needed. This prevents you from selecting the 9- or 18-minute settings, conserving fragrance.
If you have Air Wick refill cans, you can also use them in this Glade automatic spray device. This is helpful if you prefer the design and function of Glade’s device. It also helps if you simply have excess Air Wick refills, or if you prefer some of Air Wick’s scents but not their automatic sprayer. Lysol Neutra Air containers also fit inside this unit.
Glade Automatic Spray: Social Feedback
From what I can tell, most customers stand 100% behind their decision to use this product.
Here are some customer experiences using Glade Automatic Spray:
- The fragrance can be really strong immediately after a spray interval, but then the scent quickly fades to a very faint fragrance.
- Timing the spray intervals varies by room size. Smaller rooms can use the 36 minute setting and likely last the full 60 days. But larger rooms require shorter spray intervals, so the canisters don’t last for 60 days in those cases.
- For some customers the scent is too light.
- Pet owners find that placing this automatic spray unit near pet beds masks those strong odors.
- Using the boost button can get complicated. It only works when the timer has been set. If you’re dissatisfied with the spray intervals and turn the timer off, you can’t operate the boost button. It’s odd that it’s designed to spray manually, but you have to activate the intervals in order to use it.
- Other customers feel that Cashmere Woods smells amazing, and they are pleased with the scent and function of the unit.
Glade Automatic Spray Alternatives
There are lots of reasons for you to try out Glade’s Automatic Spray unit, but after reading about it in this post, you might not feel that it’s a good fit for you. If that’s true, no worries, I’ve selected three really solid alternatives for you to consider.
1. AirWick Freshmatic Automatic Spray Dispenser
One of Glade’s primary competitors in the automatic spray dispenser category is Air Wick. You can read more about them in this comparison post, so I won’t go into much detail here. Here are some points to highlight:
- Two fragrance canisters are included instead of three.
- Each can lasts up to 60 days like the ones included in the Glade kit.
- This formula neutralizes odors instead of covering them up.
- There are three spray intervals (9, 18, or 40 minutes).
- You can alter fragrance intensity (low, medium, high).
- Sprays at an angle for wider distribution of fragrance
- This model only needs one AA battery (which is included).
Air Wick canisters are slightly smaller at 5.89 oz instead of 6.2 oz. Also, their Odor Stop technology continues to fight bad odors in between sprays. With this unit you still have the benefit of programming it, and then forgetting about it for a couple months.
2. Fowod Automatic Air Freshener Spray Dispenser
This dispenser can be used as a mounted or freestanding device, but there are a lot more spray interval options available. It requires two AA batteries to operate, but they aren’t included with this unit.
Compatible with most refill cans on the market, you can place Glade, AirWick, Rubbermaid, and more canisters into this device. The benefit of using this device instead of the other brands mentioned is all of the spray options.
In addition to selecting your own fragrance level, you can limit spray intervals to Weekday operation, or a certain number of hours throughout the day.
Predetermined selections include Monday through Friday, Monday through Saturday, and Monday through Sunday. Within these days, you can determine the working time. Program it to start and stop whenever you please. If you want it to operate from 9am until 3pm, simply program it.
Additionally, the spray frequency can be set for any interval between one and 60 minutes. So if you want it to spray every five minutes or every 45 minutes, that’s possible. There’s also a mute button and a low noise option.
Although this unit is more expensive and doesn’t come with any fragrance canisters or batteries, I think it’s an economical choice because of all the programming options. If you set limited working hours and longer time intervals, you might use less fragrance spray in the long run.
3. Asakuki Ultrasonic Aromatherapy Essential Oil Diffuser
The next best alternative is an essential oil diffuser. Unlike the past two suggestions, this one is electric, but it runs quietly and doesn’t use much energy. Here are more benefits of using the Asakuki diffuser:
- The humidifier function moistens the air.
- It’s compact, so it won’t take up much space on your table.
- There are three base color options.
- You can drop in any essential oil that you like.
- There are 7 LED light options, or you can operate it without the light.
- Its BPA-free material won’t taint your essential oils.
- Practically runs silent, which makes it perfect for bedrooms.
- Essential oils are healthier to inhale than spray fresheners.
More work is involved with using and maintaining a diffuser, but the Asakuki diffuser is easy to use and clean. The water tank holds 100 mL of water and runs up to three hours at a time in 30 second intervals.
This isn’t a “set it and forget it” alternative but it’s one that offers more health benefits than air fresheners.
When you’re wanting to keep your home fresh without constantly spraying aerosol, an automatic spray freshener is an ideal solution. It periodically sprays pleasant fragrance throughout the day with little involvement from you.
Glade Automatic Spray not only fits the bill, but you can give your room an extra burst of fragrance using its manual button function.
If you prefer to try an alternative solution, Fowod Automatic Air Freshener Spray Dispenser has a lot of programming options to choose from. A healthier option would be to use an essential oil diffuser.