If you’re in a hurry and just want to know which lemon essential oil would be the best to use, then I would recommend,Plant Therapy essential oil, as your best choice.
My allergies were getting me down before I discovered lemon essential oils, but my situation improved thanks to inhaling the refreshing aroma.
Lemon essential oil is therapeutic and handy to have in the house. They are excellent for a lot of things, such as fighting flu and cold symptoms. Nausea and vomiting during pregnancy are also greatly reduced.
This article looks at these five of the best lemon essential oils currently available on Amazon.
5 Best Lemon Essential Oils Reviewed
1. Artizen Lemon Essential Oil
Artizen lemon essential oil is an Amazon bestseller for a good reason. The oils are high quality but at a much lower price. I love that compared to other brands of lemon essential oils, this one is pocket-friendly.
The company assures you get 100% pure and concentrated essential oils. You get value for your money as you use less oil every time. Compared to other less concentrated oils, a small amount gets the job done effectively. Only require a few drops in my shampoo to get grease out of my hair in no time.
This brand tests its products periodically to maintain the 100% purity guarantee promise to its customers. Lemon essential oils undergo GC/MS tests. It is assuring to me as a consumer because many cheap adulterated essential oils are sadly selling at high prices.
The oil packaging is lovely, and the colored coating on the glass protects it from the harmful effects of UV rays. This allows you to store the essential oil for a long time compared to cheap plastic packaging.
I love that one has a choice between 1, 2, and 4oz bottles. You can get the 1oz bottle if you are just sampling, while the 4oz bottle, which is quite large for essential oil, is perfect for constant use. I prefer the 4oz bottle as I use this oil lemon essential oil a lot.
You can use Artizen lemon essential oil alone or blend it to create your unique blends. It blends well with other essential oils, and you should try a peppermint and lemon blend.
The company is not large, and they are therefore able to keep tabs on all their products. They track the ingredients from worldwide, vetting farmers and distillers to ensure you receive a quality product.
- 100% pure and highly concentrated
- Quality amber coated glass bottles
- Offers lifetime guarantees on all their products
- It comes with glass droppers
- The colored coating may be misleading to customers.
2. Plant Therapy Lemon Essential Oil
The company prides itself in selling single essential oils and blends. Some of its products are marketed as kid-safe, putting at ease parents who want to practice aromatherapy safely at home. In addition to essential oils, they also make CBD products, lotions, diffusers, and pet products.
I diffused Plant Therapy lemon essential oil in my house, and the whole family was impressed by the citrus fragrant. It is intense but not overwhelming, and the familiarity of the scent is comforting.
This essential oil works wonders on grease. I add a few drops to my homemade detergent to make it stronger on stubborn stains and sticky surfaces.
Plant Therapy says they have an aromatherapist on staff, and you can call in with any questions. I did, and I was impressed by the eagerness to help, and I was thankful for the advice I received. They know their stuff.
The lemon essential oil comes in an amber-colored glass bottle, the standard in quality packaging of essential oils.
The citrus aroma is so refreshing, and it helps me to focus, which is why I add Plant Therapy lemon essential oils to my shampoo, detergent and diffuse it when I need to have an energy boost,
Every batch of Plant Therapy lemon essential oil is tested by third-party laboratories, which further assures you of the quality of the oil. On every bottle, you will find a report of the testing for your perusal.
- It is 100% pure and undiluted
- Kid-safe products
- GC/MS testing on all products
- Certified aromatherapists
- Quality amber-colored glass bottle packaging
- Not all products are certified organic, even with USDA certification.
3. ArtNatural Lemon Essential Oils
When I first diffused ArtNaturals lemon essential oil in my home, the aroma was like none other. It is like that of sunshine on a bright sunny morning. You can also diffuse it in the office to uplift your mood and boost your energy levels in the afternoon.
This essential oil is ideal in the home and personal care. It works wonders on your skin, add a few drops to your cleanser, and your skin will feel refreshed. In addition, lemon oil is a natural disinfectant thanks to the cleansing powers of vitamin C. This product also improves your complexion. I mixed it in my shampoo, and the result was shinier hair.
ArtNaturals is therapeutic grade, and GC/MS tested with the results proudly displayed on their website for all to see. All their products are also manufactured with vegans in mind. You can also be assured they are cruelty-free.
This product is safe for use on the skin. I like to dilute it with coconut oil before applying it to my hair and skin. You can also mix it with other bath and body products. Before trying something new on your skin, I advise you to patch test it to see if you are sensitive or allergic.
The company is so sure about the product that it offers a 100% satisfaction guarantee. If you buy the lemon essential oil, you are free to return it if you are not satisfied. Risk-free and no questions asked. This is reassuring to me as a consumer as the quality of the product is not in question.
- 100% pure, unadulterated, and no additives
- GC/MS testing
- Test results are available for all to see
- Offer satisfaction guarantee
- The oil is thin. Some consumers prefer their oil to be thicker.
4. Handicraft Blends Lemon Essential Oil
This essential oil brand has all its products tested by an independent lab which I, as a consumer, trust more. While in-house testing is alright, a third-party lab adds more weight to a report, but that is just me. The reports include efficacy, additives, and each constituent for blends.
One quality I love about Handicraft lemon essential oils is that the amber-colored bottle comes with a dropper. The dropper helps me to know the exact amount of oil I am using. Also, when you are mixing with another product, the dropper comes in handy to avoid spillage.
The essential oils are sourced from around the world at the sources where they grow best. They track the oils from the farmer to the distiller. Bottling takes place domestically but only after rigorous testing to ensure quality standards are maintained.
Want to increase focus in the office, diffuse handicraft lemon essential oil, and the results are remarkable. Had I known this when I was taking night lessons, it would have made my work easier. When I diffuse it in the house, the kids can study better and focus on their homework.
Lemon essential oil is great for fighting colds and flu symptoms. I always have a bottle around for when the weather starts becoming cold and flu season begins. This product has helped my family combat the symptoms.
The essential oil is packed in amber-colored glasses to protect it against harmful UV rays. Another feature that makes this brand of essential oil attractive is a large size that gives you more value.
- 100% pure and unadulterated
- Third-party lab tested
- Glass dropper available
- Amber-colored bottles
- They ask consumers to check for sensitivity which may displease some customers.
5. Asakuki Lemon Essential Oil
The smell of this brand of lemon oil is just perfect, not too strong and not weak. You can smell it right out of the bottle. I know I love to. It lifts your mood and balances your emotions, especially when negative emotions are too much to handle at the moment. I diffuse this oil while doing meditation to bring back the emotional balance.
The company assures all its products are cruelty-free and 100% pure. The Asakuki lemon essential oil is manufactured using the supercritical CO2 extraction method, which ensures no residual chemicals remain in the final product. The oil has no fillers or additives and passes rigorous testing.
They use lemons grown in the best plantations in Menton with a lot of care and safe agricultural practices to ensure harmful chemicals don’t end up in your bottle. The scent is relaxing and soothing regardless of whether you inhale from a diffuser or topically apply it to your skin.
The oil comes ready for use as the experts at Yahime dilute it for safe use on your skin or aromatherapy. It is perfect for a beginner as it is ready to go. I love to give it out to my friends and family who have not tried essential oils before. It is beautifully packaged, making it presentable as a gift.
I like to diffuse mine, but you can also make scented candles, soaps or add the oil to your beauty products.
- 100% pure and cruelty-free
- Has no additives or fillers
- It comes in an amber-colored glass bottle with a tight plastic lid
- Getting oil out of the bottle may be difficult
The first thing you need to educate yourself about is the difference between essential oils and fragrance oils. Essential oils are therapeutic, while fragrance oils smell good—avoid products with words such as ‘fragrant’ or ‘perfume’ essential oils.
When you are buying, check out the ingredients listed on the bottle. It should have the Latin name of the plant and parts used to extract oil. Also, the country of origin and extraction method is important as they affect the quality directly.
I advise that you should be wary of a company that prices all their essential oils the same. There is a price difference between essential oils because yields from the same amount of extracts differ. Of course, low-yield essential oils are going to be expensive.
Packaging is also important, and no reputable brand will pack their lemon essential oils in plastic bottles. Amber-colored or dark glass bottles are the industry standard. The bottle protects against degradation.
Scientifically known as citrus lemon, it is extracted from cold-pressing lemon peels and not the inner fruit. Traditionally, lemon has been used to treat an assortment of ailments from flu, common cold, and bacterial infections. Some of its benefits include:
- Lemon essential oils are great at reducing nausea and vomiting in pregnant women. Studies have shown that inhaling the oil regularly dramatically reduces the incidences and intensity of nausea and vomiting.
- It improves digestion and helps soothe constipation and gastritis. Studies indicate that it reduces the erosion of the mucous membrane lining the stomach. It has also shown significant promise in increasing the number of bowel movements and alleviating constipation.
- Lemon essential oil is an antioxidant that protects the skin against free radicals and nourishes the skin. It is excellent as an exfoliator for the skin.
- Thanks to its antibacterial and antifungal properties, lemon essential oil is effective against various oral problems. For a long time, sailors knew this and used it a lot at sea to protect against scurvy.
- Lemon essential oil is one of the best oils for coughs and allergies. It helps the respiratory system as well as boosting the body’s immunity.
- It is a handy cleaner to have around the home. Removes even the slightest traces of grease and restores your silverware in case of mild tarnish. Wooden furniture and leather are also beneficiaries of the cleaning power of lemon essential oils.
- When diffused, lemon essential oil purifies the air and brings a fresh smell to your home. The aroma is uplifting and improves the moods of the whole family.
The uses of lemon essential oils are many as they are diverse. I think every home should have a bottle of this oil all the time. Some of the uses include but are not limited to.
- Add lemon essential oil to your regular cleaning detergent to give it extra oomph when cleaning dirty surfaces.
- After working on oily bikes and cars, the grease can be stubborn. A few drops of this oil will clean what regular soap may not.
- It also works wonders on wood and silver. Soak a clean cloth with a few drops of lemon oil and polish your wood and silver, making them look brand new.
- To prevent the musty smell clothes get after sitting in the laundry for long, add a few drops of lemon essential oil before drying, which will take care of the smell.
- Avoid harsh chemicals in your dishwashing by making homemade lemon dishwashing detergent.
- Make nail polish remover by blending lemon, grapefruit, and tea tree essential oils. In addition to removing the nail polish, it nourishes your nails, not to say it is gentle on your nails.
- Suppose you want your home smelling fresh and air purified, diffuse about five drops of lemon essential oil. It improves the mood and keeps your home smelling clean.
- To whiten teeth combine lemon oil, baking soda, and coconut oil and rub your teeth for two minutes. Then rinse.
- Mix 2 drops of baking soda and honey to make a gentle face wash, or you can make a natural exfoliator by combining the oil with oatmeal.
- When you need to relieve cough symptoms, in addition to diffusing the lemon oil, you can mix two drops with half a teaspoon of coconut oil and rub it on your neck. Also, when three drops are added to half a teaspoon of coconut oil and rubbed on the chest and nose, they relieve mucus congestion. Inhaling will also help rid the body of mucus.
Final ThoughtsPlant Therapy essential oil is my personal favorite. I love the kid-safe feature about them.
Lemon essential oils seem popular with consumers, especially for nausea, flu and colds, and cleaning, among other uses. Consumers are faced with many choices in the market, from very expensive, affordable and cheap, and everything in between. Remember, price does not necessarily mean quality. Look at all the other factors to make an informed decision.
Take your time and go through all the information so that you pick what suits you. Manufacturers use many marketing gimmicks in this competitive field, so it is wise to take them with a grain of salt.
Third-party lab tests hold more weight than an in-house lab report. Check out those willing to share the reports on their website. Learn to read labels so that you do not end up confused.