If you are in a hurry and just want to find out what the best lavender essential oil is, then we recommend the Eden’s Garden Pure Therapeutic Lavender Oil as the best one.
These days Lavender oils are a popular essential oil used in Aromatherapy. This is the practice of using essential oils as holistic healing treatments to promote general health and well-being.
I used to be plagued by insomnia for a long time. Then I used lavender oil and a diffuser. The situation was greatly improved.
Here are 10 of the best lavender essential oils currently available from Amazon.
- Eden’s Garden Pure Therapeutic Lavender Oil
- Plant Therapy Lavender Essential Oil
- Art Naturals Lavender Essential Oil
- Sky Organics Lavender Essential Oil
- Majestic Pure Lavender Oil
- Essential Oil Labs Lavender Oil
- DoTERRA Lavender Essential Oil
- Pure Body Naturals Bulgarian Lavender Essential Oil
- Artizen Lavender Essential Oil
- Now Foods Lavender Essential Oil
10 Best Lavender Oils Reviewed
Eden Gardens believe they set the standard for the production of essential oils. They provide all the following information on their product.
- The Eden’s Garden brand has been a top rated Amazon seller for 9 years and was voted the #1 Non-MLM Essential Oil Company.
- All of their oils are GC/MS tested by third-party experts. Eden’s Garden maintains a very high standard for product safety in the industry. They offer some of the best quality essential oils available.
- This brand sources their lavender from Bulgaria.
- The product is available in a variety of sizes; from 5ml to 118 ml bottles and also as roll-ons.
- They have a ‘No-questions-asked’ returns policy.
- These lavender oils are free of synthetics, eco-conscious, sustainably sourced and Vegan. All their products are certified by PETA and the Choose Cruelty Free Organisation.
- The largest quantity is only 10ml
- The smaller quantity will make this product more expensive compared to others sold in larger bottles.
- It does not come with a glass oil dropper.
- All the testing and research that went into its production may be reflected in the price.
Plant Therapy’s goal is to positively impact the lives of as many people as they possibly can, with their high quality products and affordable price. They have provided the following information about their essential oils
- This lavender oil is 100 % pure and undiluted.
- All Plant Therapy’s essential oils are thoroughly tested.
- These essential oils are off a high-quality and at an affordable price.
- Their staffs are certified aroma therapists.
- This product might be considered too strong to some consumers, due to it being undiluted.
- Largest quantity goes up to 100ml, some essential oil enthusiasts believe larger quantities means reduced quality
- Bottle sizes may not be filled to the top, according to their disclaimer
Art Naturals draws their inspiration for natural oil manufacturing from the tradition of utilizing the benefits of plants for their medicinal properties.
- Their Lavender essential oils are stated as, 100% pure.
- This product is therapeutic grade and GC/MS tested.
- Their Analysis reports are available on their website.
- It is suitable for vegan use and animal cruelty free.
- Comes with glass dropper for ease of use
- When ordering the3-Piece set, it will come with a special gift of Signature Zen essentials oils blend, packaged in an attractive, recyclable box.
- Art Naturals describe the consistency of their oil as ‘thin’. Some consumers prefer their oils to have a thicker, oilier substance.
- Bottles have been known to also say “virgin cold pressed from canary islands’.
- The company advises customers that this oil may not be effective for the standard variety of uses.
Sky Organics is a company that tries to source all products from its country of origin. In this case, The French lavenders produced are generally sourced from France.
- The lavenders used to produce these oils are organic and 100% pure.
- They are steam-distilled to preserve all its nutrients.
- Essential Oils contain only the aroma of their fruit or flower.
- Lavender oil is produced by artisanal farmers in the South of France.
- Every purchase comes with a free ebook of tips and DIY recipes
- This item appears only be available in one small size.
- The company advises of a risk of allergic reaction and recommends a skin patch test before applying this product topically.
- It is not sold with an oil glass dropper
Majestic Pure makes therapeutic grade oils that are packaged in the USA. They have offered the following information.
- Made from a blend of two kinds of lavender Lavandula augustifolia from Bulgaria and Lavandula hybrida from France
- It is steam distilled
- 100% natural
- Delivered with a glass dropper for ease-of-use.
- This oil is made from a combination of two different kinds of lavender.
- Majestic Pure advises that this essential oil can be potentially toxic to pets.
- The aroma becomes more flowery when it evolves and does not maintain a consistent scent.
Essential Oil Labs is a family owned business who wished to provide better health and lifestyle alternatives for families.
- They produce 100% pure and natural lavender oils.
- Sourced from sustainable farms.
- Free of chemicals, additives and fillers
- Every purchase includes a newly published Guide of Recipes, Spa Treatments and Household Uses.
- Comes with an oil dropper.
- They offer a No-Questions-Asked Satisfaction Guarantee.
- This family run business may not have the experience or knowledge that older or bigger companies might have in producing these oils.
- They may not have tested these oils to the extent that other brands have.
- Although the bottle says 100% lavendula angustifolia some customers have received bottles saying “95% lavendula hybrida and 5% lavendula angustifolia”.
DoTERRA Distillers rely on their years of experience in producing natural products and employ modern technologies and techniques to produce their essential oils.
- Their products are made using CPTG Certified Pure Therapeutic Grade® quality protocol
- Experienced essential oil users may recognize the superior quality standard for naturally safe, purely effective therapeutic-grade DoTERRA essential oils.
- This oil can be taken internally. It is safe to use in cooking and to enhance baked goods.
- This brand has its Wellness Advocate license number.
- The largest bottle size is 15ml
- The smaller quantity it is sold in will make this item more expensive than others sold in larger quantities.
- The research and testing that went into producing an oil that meets the Wellness Advocate agency, will be reflected in the price which will be passed on to a consumer.
- Does not come with oil dropper
Pure Body Naturals keep sustainable partnerships with their artisan distillers around the world. This allows them to bring tested, safe oils to the market.
- Pure Body oils are Independently certified
- They are 100% pure and chemical-free, never using derivatives, diluents, synthetics or pesticides.
- It is available in two flavours: English Lavender from Bulgaria and Lavandin Grosso from France
- Available in two sizes, 1 and 4 ounces
- Comes with glass oil dropper
- This brand of essential oils are safe for use on dogs and pets.
- This company allows for returns if customer is not satisfied
- It is versatile oil but cannot be ingested.
- The two different flavour options might confuse consumers buying online, as there is no way to tell which would be preferred.
- Some consumers might find this concentration too intense.
Artizen believes that what sets their essential oils apart from others, are their unparalleled purity and concentration.
- These lavender oils are routinely tested for purity levels and other unique qualities they might contain.
- Artizen package their oils in high quality glass bottles infused with UV colored coating to protect essential oils against sunlight and degradation.
- It is available in three sizes; 1,2 and 4 ounce glass bottles.
- It is sold with a glass oil dropper.
- This company offers a lifetime warranty and guarantee on all their products. They will replace or refund money from any unsatisfactory purchases.
- The consistency of Artizens essential oils are described by the company as, “more like the consistency of water”. This might disappoint customers who prefer their oils to be oily.
- The thinner consistency might seem like the oil is cheaply made or diluted.
- The coloured coating on their glass bottles might be considered misleading or confusing to customers.
Now Foods is a family run business that has been manufacturing natural products since 1968. They now use state-of-the-art laboratories and quality technicians to create their products. They use the latest analytical instrumentations to perform internal reviews on all their ingredients and finished products.
- Now Foods Lavender Essential Oil is made from 100% pure lavender oil.
- They use the Steam Distilled extraction method from flowering tops of the lavender plant.
- Now Foods have many years of experience, knowledge, and skill in creating this product.
- They are a charitable company that gives back to their community through generously donating to deserving charities.
- This item is only available in one size.
- The lavender used in this oil is not organic.
- Although the product is called Now Foods Lavender Essential Oil, this oil is not indigestible. This could be considered misleading.
- It does not come with an oil dropper.
Lavender Essential Oils: Buying Guide
When it comes to essential oils, most people know that lavender is one of the best. In fact, there seems to be very little that lavender oil cannot do, and it is the only essential oil that doesn’t have to be diluted with a carrier oil before you use it.
You can even apply it directly to the skin without suffering any ill effects. But if you’ve never bought lavender oil before, how do you know what to look for? Are all lavender oils the same? Most importantly, how do you know that the one you’re buying is the best one to use?
For help in finding the very best lavender essential oil, keep reading.
How to Choose the Best Lavender Essential Oil
Many people don’t know this, but there are 39 different types of lavender that can be used to make lavender essential oil.
The first thing you want to look for is something that tells you the oil is 100% pure. If it doesn’t say “100% pure lavender oil” on the label, it could be lavender oil that is blended with other oils, including carrier oils such as sweet almond or olive oil.
This means that you’re likely getting very little actual lavender in the product, and that is certainly not what you wanted when you went shopping for this type of oil.
There are also things you can look for to increase the odds that you’re getting a high-quality essential oil. These include:
- Always buy lavender oil in dark-colored glass. Never buy lavender oil in a clear or plastic container. It needs that dark glass to be protected from light and direct sun, which can degrade the oil.
- Look for oils made with Lavandula Angustifolia, which is the best. Try to avoid oils made from Lavandin or Spike lavender, as these are lower-quality types of lavender.
- Try to find products made out of organically grown lavender whenever possible.
- Don’t buy the inexpensive stuff – you get what you pay for!
- If you can find out what extraction method they used to make the lavender oil, just remember that the steam-distilled method is the best.
- If you’re using the oil in perfumes or for a product that requires a great smell, look for Lavender Absolute, which is stronger and lasts longer.
It truly does make a difference which type of lavender you buy, and these tips can help you buy a better lavender essential oil in the end.
What Is Lavender Essential Oil Used for?
Lavender essential oil is a great go-to essential oil because it has dozens of uses. Indeed, lavender oil can help you feel better both physically and psychologically, making it a very versatile essential oil. Uses for this oil include:
- Is very calming and relaxing
- Relieves muscle pain and tension
- Antiviral and antifungal
- Stimulates circulation
- Works wonders on many skin problems
- Speeds up the healing process
- Reduces and may even prevent scarring
- Supports and stimulates the immune system
Can a Person Be Allergic to Lavender Oil?
Unfortunately, some people are indeed allergic to lavender essential oil. For these people, the application of the oil on their skin causes histamine to be released, which causes problems such as coughing, a burning sensation in the eyes and throat, headaches, blurred vision, and even difficulty breathing.
The good news is, all you have to do if this happens to you is stop using the oil. There are no long-term effects to using lavender essential oil, and you should be back to normal shortly after it gets out of your system.
What Is the Best Way to Use Lavender Oil?
Since lavender oil can be used without being diluted first, you can get great results by rubbing it directly onto your skin. If you have a headache, you can rub it on your temples or forehead. If you have a cut on your arm that isn’t healing properly, you can rub some of the oil directly on the cut.
If you’re trying to relax, you can even sprinkle a few drops on a washcloth or paper towel and inhale the oil. As soon as you smell the oil and it gets into your system, it gets to work doing its magic, so you shouldn’t have to wait long for the oil to take effect.
My personal favorite is Eden’s Garden Pure Therapeutic Lavender Oil.
Lavender essential oils seem to be a popular choice for consumers seeking natural remedies for stress, headaches, insomnia, ache and a plethora of other minor ailments. It seems to be growing in popularity and there are many options currently available on the market.
The manufacturers of natural products are able to provide a wide variety of natural products to consumers in a wide variety of ways. Therefore, it is very important that consumers take the time to understand what it is that they are buying.
The marketing and descriptions of these products can be misleading or confusing, so make sure time is taken to consider what is written on their labels.