If you are in a hurry and just want to find out what the best lavender essential oil is, then we recommend the Eden’s Garden Pure Therapeutic Lavender Oil as the best one.
Lavender is a fragrant flower, scientifically referred to as ”Lavandula Angustifolia.” It is known for its calming and healing properties. An ‘Essential Oil’ is a concentrated liquid made with the essence of a plant, seed or flower. Lavender Essential oils are therefore created to promote tranquillity and peaceful serenity. Not only does it smell divine, it has been well used for centuries to provide stress relief in adults and restful nights for babies and infants at bedtimes. These days Lavender oils are a popular essential oil used in Aromatherapy. This is the practise of using essential oils as holistic healing treatments to promote general health and well-being.
Here are 10 of the best lavender essential oils currently available from Amazon.
- Eden’s Garden Pure Therapeutic Lavender Oil
- Plant Therapy Lavender Essential Oil
- Art Naturals Lavender Essential Oil
- Sky Organics Lavender Essential Oil
- Majestic Pure Lavender Oil
- Essential Oil Labs Lavender Oil
- DoTERRA Lavender Essential Oil
- Pure Body Naturals Bulgarian Lavender Essential Oil
- Artizen Lavender Essential Oil
- Now Foods Lavender Essential Oil
Eden Gardens believe they set the standard for the production of essential oils. They provide all the following information on their product.
- The Eden’s Garden brand has been a top rated Amazon seller for 9 years and was voted the #1 Non-MLM Essential Oil Company.
- All of their oils are GC/MS tested by third-party experts. Eden’s Garden maintains a very high standard for product safety in the industry. They offer some of the best quality essential oils available.
- This brand sources their lavender from Bulgaria.
- The product is available in a variety of sizes; from 5ml to 118 ml bottles and also as roll-ons.
- They have a ‘No-questions-asked’ returns policy.
- These lavender oils are free of synthetics, eco-conscious, sustainably sourced and Vegan. All their products are certified by PETA and the Choose Cruelty Free Organisation.
- The largest quantity is only 10ml
- The smaller quantity will make this product more expensive compared to others sold in larger bottles.
- It does not come with a glass oil dropper.
- All the testing and research that went into its production may be reflected in the price.
Plant Therapy’s goal is to positively impact the lives of as many people as they possibly can, with their high quality products and affordable price. They have provided the following information about their essential oils
- This lavender oil is 100 % pure and undiluted.
- All Plant Therapy’s essential oils are thoroughly tested.
- These essential oils are off a high-quality and at an affordable price.
- Their staffs are certified aroma therapists.
- This product might be considered too strong to some consumers, due to it being undiluted.
- Largest quantity goes up to 100ml, some essential oil enthusiasts believe larger quantities means reduced quality
- Bottle sizes may not be filled to the top, according to their disclaimer
Art Naturals draws their inspiration for natural oil manufacturing from the tradition of utilizing the benefits of plants for their medicinal properties.
- Their Lavender essential oils are stated as, 100% pure.
- This product is therapeutic grade and GC/MS tested.
- Their Analysis reports are available on their website.
- It is suitable for vegan use and animal cruelty free.
- Comes with glass dropper for ease of use
- When ordering the3-Piece set, it will come with a special gift of Signature Zen essentials oils blend, packaged in an attractive, recyclable box.
- Art Naturals describe the consistency of their oil as ‘thin’. Some consumers prefer their oils to have a thicker, oilier substance.
- Bottles have been known to also say “virgin cold pressed from canary islands’.
- The company advises customers that this oil may not be effective for the standard variety of uses.
Sky Organics is a company that tries to source all products from its country of origin. In this case, The French lavenders produced are generally sourced from France.
- The lavenders used to produce these oils are organic and 100% pure.
- They are steam-distilled to preserve all its nutrients.
- Essential Oils contain only the aroma of their fruit or flower.
- Lavender oil is produced by artisanal farmers in the South of France.
- Every purchase comes with a free ebook of tips and DIY recipes
- This item appears only be available in one small size.
- The company advises of a risk of allergic reaction and recommends a skin patch test before applying this product topically.
- It is not sold with an oil glass dropper
Majestic Pure makes therapeutic grade oils that are packaged in USA. They have offered the following information.
- Made from a blend of two kinds of lavender Lavandula augustifolia from Bulgaria and Lavandula hybrida from France
- It is steam distilled
- 100% natural
- Delivered with a glass dropper for ease-of-use.
- This oil is made from a combination of two different kinds of lavender.
- Majestic Pure advises that this essential oil can be potentially toxic to pets.
- The aroma becomes more flowery when it evolves and does not maintain a consistent scent.
Essential Oil Labs is a family owned business who wished to provide better health and lifestyle alternatives for families.
- They produce 100% pure and natural lavender oils.
- Sourced from sustainable farms.
- Free of chemicals, additives and fillers
- Every purchase includes a newly published Guide of Recipes, Spa Treatments and Household Uses.
- Comes with an oil dropper.
- They offer a No-Questions-Asked Satisfaction Guarantee.
- This family run business may not have the experience or knowledge that older or bigger companies might have in producing these oils.
- They may not have tested these oils to the extent that other brands have.
- Although the bottle says 100% lavendula angustifolia some customers have received bottles saying “95% lavendula hybrida and 5% lavendula angustifolia”.
DoTERRA Distillers rely on their years of experience in producing natural products and employ modern technologies and techniques to produce their essential oils.
- Their products are made using CPTG Certified Pure Therapeutic Grade® quality protocol
- Experienced essential oil users may recognize the superior quality standard for naturally safe, purely effective therapeutic-grade DoTERRA essential oils.
- This oil can be taken internally. It is safe to use in cooking and to enhance baked goods.
- This brand has its Wellness Advocate license number.
- The largest bottle size is 15ml
- The smaller quantity it is sold in will make this item more expensive than others sold in larger quantities.
- The research and testing that went into producing an oil that meets the Wellness Advocate agency, will be reflected in the price which will be passed on to a consumer.
- Does not come with oil dropper
Pure Body Naturals keep sustainable partnerships with their artisan distillers around the world. This allows them to bring tested, safe oils to the market.
- Pure Body oils are Independently certified
- They are 100% pure and chemical-free, never using derivatives, diluents, synthetics or pesticides.
- It is available in two flavours: English Lavender from Bulgaria and Lavandin Grosso from France
- Available in two sizes, 1 and 4 ounces
- Comes with glass oil dropper
- This brand of essential oils are safe for use on dogs and pets.
- This company allows for returns if customer is not satisfied
- It is versatile oil but cannot be ingested.
- The two different flavour options might confuse consumers buying online, as there is no way to tell which would be preferred.
- Some consumers might find this concentration too intense.
Artizen believes that what sets their essential oils apart from others, are their unparalleled purity and concentration.
- These lavender oils are routinely tested for purity levels and other unique qualities they might contain.
- Artizen package their oils in high quality glass bottles infused with UV colored coating to protect essential oils against sunlight and degradation.
- It is available in three sizes; 1,2 and 4 ounce glass bottles.
- It is sold with a glass oil dropper.
- This company offers a lifetime warranty and guarantee on all their products. They will replace or refund money from any unsatisfactory purchases.
- The consistency of Artizens essential oils are described by the company as, “more like the consistency of water”. This might disappoint customers who prefer their oils to be oily.
- The thinner consistency might seem like the oil is cheaply made or diluted.
- The coloured coating on their glass bottles might be considered misleading or confusing to customers.
Now Foods is a family run business that has been manufacturing natural products since 1968. They now use state-of-the-art laboratories and quality technicians to create their products. They use the latest analytical instrumentations to perform internal reviews on all their ingredients and finished products.
- Now Foods Lavender Essential Oil is made from 100% pure lavender oil.
- They use the Steam Distilled extraction method from flowering tops of the lavender plant.
- Now Foods have many years of experience, knowledge, and skill in creating this product.
- They are a charitable company that gives back to their community through generously donating to deserving charities.
- This item is only available in one size.
- The lavender used in this oil is not organic.
- Although the product is called Now Foods Lavender Essential Oil, this oil is not indigestible. This could be considered misleading.
- It does not come with an oil dropper.
From the information provided above by the various manufacturers of essential oils. It seems that a good lavender oil will be as pure as possible, with no chemical additives or dilutes. Some lavender essential oils are designed to be fit for consumption, while others advise consumers of its toxicity to animals and warn against any kind of internal use. Some of these bottles are sold along with glass oil droppers to add in the use of the liquids. The smaller bottles are generally fitted with the stopper that allows the oil to come out in drips. Only a few of these essential oil manufacturers use essence from organic lavender. Although some are described as 100% pure, it doesn’t mean its bottles contain 100% lavender oil, it is possible it might be diluted.
Below are some frequently asked questions. These can provide more information on purchasing these kinds of oils.
Frequently Asked Questions
What constitutes an ‘essential oil’?
These are pure oils that are “neat”, meaning they have not been processed, diluted or manipulated in any way with solvents or other additives.
Do essential oils have a grading system to tell me which is better?
There is no official grading system that grades essential oils.
Are essential oils non-GMO?
Yes. There is no commercial crop today that is both genetically engineered and used to make essential oils.
Do you test your oils for pesticides?
Because many botanicals used for essential oil production are both aromatic and weedy, they tend to naturally act as insect repellents. Many are even used as ‘Companion plants’ these are planted with other crops for the purpose of repelling insects.
My family and I have been using an essential oil topically on our feet. Is this OK since your bottle says “Not for Topical use”?
No, we advise against it. Skin irritation is possible with some essential oils. Though many people do oils in a variety of ways, due to the powerful nature of steam distilled pure essential oils, these products are labeled with cautions and suggest that you follow them and, as needed.
Lavender essential oils seem to be a popular choice for consumers seeking natural remedies for stress, headaches, insomnia, ache and a plethora of other minor ailments. It seems to be growing in popularity and there are many options currently available on the market. The manufacturers of natural products are able to provide a wide variety of natural products to consumers in a wide variety of ways. Therefore, it is very important that consumers take the time to understand what it is that they are buying. The marketing and descriptions of these products can be misleading or confusing, so make sure time is taken to consider what is written on their labels.
My personal favorite is the Eden’s Garden Pure Therapeutic Lavender Oil.