If you are in a hurry and just want to find out what the best electric window candle for Christmas is, then we recommend the LampLust Christmas Window Candles with Gold Holders as the best one.
Having candles in your house can add an ambiance to your home to spruce it up or make it feel a bit more cozy. During the winter months, a cozy home is without a doubt the best home to be in so you’ll probably want to do whatever you can to make your home feel as cozy as possible. This can be hard to do with candles if you lease your home, though, as you may not be able to burn candles under your contract. Thankfully, there are battery operated candles that can offer that ambiance your home may be craving.
Before buying a battery operated candle, though, you’re going to want to make sure you’re getting the best product for your money. In this post, I’ll review five battery operated candles I believe are worth your money. I’ll also tell you everything you should look for in a battery operated candle before deciding on which one to purchase. This way, you’ll know that the product is going to be a good fit for your home.
When choosing which batter operated candle you’re going to want to bring into your home, you should be aware of how the candle operates, the features it offers, and the appearance of the product. By taking these aspects into consideration, you’re setting yourself up for creating the coziest home during the cold winter months without having to use a real candle, which can be a fire risk.
In this article, I’m going to be reviewing the following battery operated window candles:
A Review of the 5 Best Battery Operated Candles
1. Best Realistic Looking Candle: ANGELLOONG Upgraded Flickering Flameless Candle
If you’re looking for a realistic candle to display in your window, this is going to be a great option. These pillar candles will give you the feel of having an actual candle in your home without providing the inherent fire risks. All you need is a bit of fragrance to go along with it, if so desired, and then just dim the lights and enjoy the ambiance these candles give off.
These candles have electric flames that actually flicker like real flames, too. This product also comes with a remote to control the candles so you don’t have to get up from where you are to change the settings. With the remote, you’re able to change the brightness settings to make them brighter or dimmer as you see fit. There’s also an automatic timer you can set and a cycle you can program to turn on every twenty-four hours. With the features this remote gives you, it’ll be easy to fall in love with these candles.
- These are great for everyone, including people who don’t typically like flameless candles.
- The flickering flame gives you a realistic looking product.
- You get a realistic ambiance when the lights are dimmed.
- The candle’s flames are able to be adjusted to your personal preferences.
- The flame is a bright white and doesn’t provide the warm glow of an actual flame.
- This product isn’t waterproof.
2. Best Overall: LampLust Christmas Window Candles with Gold Holders
If you’re looking for a candle that is versatile enough to put in your window alone or with other candles, this is a great choice. You don’t have to worry about this product being bulky to the point where your window will look cluttered with other candles or decorations alongside it. The thin tapered candle style also gives off an elegant look to anyone inside or outside of your home.
This is a great addition to any holiday decorations you have in your home because of the simple white candle and the gold holder. The warm glow provided by the LED lights are going to fit in perfectly with the lights on your tree and around your home, too. This is another product that can be controlled by a remote control, giving you the convenience of changing the flickering flame and setting timers without having to pick up the candle. You can set a 4 or 8 hour timer and it’ll automatically turn on and off every day.
- The LED lights aren’t too bright and look realistically like a flame.
- This product comes with the amount of batteries you’ll need to start.
- The timer feature will turn your candles on automatically and then off again after the set amount of time.
- These candles are very easy to program and set up.
- The remote has a big enough range that you can use it at any point in the room your candles are in.
- Some of the candles may not turn off at the end of the timer.
3. Best Customizing: DRomance Flameless Battery Operated Window Candles with Holders and Suction Cups
These candles are going to give you a great customizability. The gold holder, while perfect for fitting into your holiday décor, is removeable so you don’t have to feel committed to them. These candles also come with suction cups so you can give your home the enchanted floating candle feel if you choose to. The suction cups are also a great tool to use when your window sills are too slim to hold up your candles. The suction cup will hold them to the windows so they won’t keep falling.
This is another product that comes with a remote. This remote can be used to turn the product on and off, set timers, adjust the brightness, and control the flickering. When setting a timer, the candles will turn off after the set amount of time and then turn on again twenty-four hours from the time you set the timer. The lights in the flames of these candles are LED and provide a customizable brightness for you to enjoy your optimal amount of ambiance.
- There are no cords on these candles so you have more options for where to display them.
- The flames give off a slightly yellow glow, which makes them look more realistic.
- These candles are reliable and hold up through the test of time.
- The remote is easy to use and works well.
- The suctions cups are a great addition for people with children or pets.
- It’s not uncommon for one or two of the candles in the set to not work well.
4. Most Convenient: Xodus Innovations Battery Operated LED Window Candle
If you’re looking for the convenience of not needing to continually turn on and off your candles, this is a great option for you. Xodus Innovations provides their customers with a candle that will automatically turn on when the sun begins to set and darkness starts to come about. There’s a pinhole on the side of the candle that registers the amount of light coming in through the window and turns the candle on as night approaches. Not only is this convenient, but it makes the lifespan of the batteries last longer, too.
The base of this candle is elegant, giving you a feeling of sophistication as you display these candles in your home. It also provides a unique look compared to the candles with the generic gold bases. The flames from this candle are created through the use of LED lights, which are long lasting and will give you the great ambiance you’re looking for. The light also gives off an amber glow and flickers like an actual flame would.
- This product is very reliable and holds up through the test of time.
- The lifespan of the batteries lasts a long time because of the candle’s ability to register when it’s getting dark out.
- These candles turn themselves on automatically without having to be programmed.
- The color and intensity of the flame gives you the feel of an actual flame.
- You’ll be displaying a realistic looking product with these candles.
- The light sensor may be a bit finicky to start with and the base may need to be adjusted for it to work properly.
5. Most Durable: FPOO Flameless 7.9 Inch Taper Window Candles
These flickering taper candles are perfect to display in your window or anywhere in your home, for that matter. These durable candles are long lasting and will give off a realistic glow, making it feel like you’ve actually lit candles without having the fire risk to go along with it. The white taper candle and gold base make these the perfect addition to any holiday décor because you won’t have to worry about them standing out against your decorations.
This product comes with a remote that allows you to choose between 4 and 6 hour timers, the brightness, the flickering flame, and turning your product on and off. By having so many customizable features, you’re going to be able to set this candle to the perfect amount of light to give you the ambiance you desire. The flickering feature also gives this candle a more realistic feel, too.
- These candles give off a good amount of light, creating a great ambiance in your home.
- You can choose between straight light or a flickering light.
- These candles last a long time and have a long battery life.
- The remote control makes changing the preferences on these candles easy.
- These candles look realistic.
- The timer feature can sometimes be difficult to use.
What Should You Look for in a Battery Operated Window Candle?
It’s easy to look at a product and just purchase it, thinking it’s going to be what you want. This isn’t a practice you should get into the habit of doing, though, especially with battery operated window candles. There are so many different types of these candles that you’re going to want to make sure that you’re getting the one that’s really going to fit into your home. In this section, I’ll give you everything you should be on the lookout for when deciding which candle to bring into your home.
Appearance is a big factor in deciding whether or not you should purchase a battery operated window candle. While you’re going to know it’s not a real candle, you may want to trick your guests into thinking it’s a real candle. If this is what you’re looking to achieve, you’re not going to want to buy a candle that looks obviously fake. Look for candles that provide a flickering flame. You’re also going to want to look for a candle that doesn’t have a large bulb where the flame should be because it doesn’t look realistic.
When deciding on which candle to purchase, you’ll want to take into consideration the base, too. Make sure the base looks sturdy enough to support an actual candle as it will make the whole candle look more realistic, too.
The features a candle holds is another big factor in whether or not you should purchase it. Having a flame that flickers is a great feature on a candle, especially if you’re looking for one that’s realistic. Another great feature to have is a timer. Timers are great not only for people who have hectic lives and may forget to turn off their candles, but for preserving the battery lifespan, too. Many timers will also turn your candle on again the next day for you, too.
Having a candle with an adjustable brightness is also ideal. You’ll be able to customize your candle to your preferred brightness so you can have the right amount of ambiance for your home. This is also great for allowing you to display your candle with the right amount of light to look realistic.
How it Operates
Many battery operated window candles come with remote controls. This is a great addition to have to your candle as if allows you to adjust the settings as well as turn the product on and off. While candles without remotes can also be a great product to have, the remote controls are definitely something that can be a deciding factor into whether or not you’re going to purchase the candle. Even without considering the customization you have with the remote, it’s also a convenience factor, too.
So Which Candle is the Best?
While all of these candles are going to be a great addition to your home, there is one that stands out from the crowd. The candle that is going to give you the best experience is the LampLust Christmas Window Candles with Gold Holders. These candles not only look realistic, but they’re also easy to use and come with a remote to control the settings. You can customize this candle to fit your preferences and the timers will turn your candles on and off automatically.
While it’s great to have candles throughout your home, especially during the holidays, it may not always be plausible to have candles with real flames. Having a battery operated window candle is a great alternative as long as you know what to look for when making a purchase. Be sure to keep an eye on how realistic they look, what kind of features they hold, and how the candles are operated.
I’ve reviewed five different products that are going to be great additions to any home, as long as they fit your preferences. The LampLust battery operated Christmas window candles are without a doubt the best from the list, though, and will satisfy any customer that purchases them. Regardless which candle you choose, though, you’re going to be given a great ambiance without the risk of fire.