If you are in a hurry and just want to find out what the best essential oil diffuser for car is, then we recommend the lemon essential oil as the best one.
People spend a lot of time in cars. Whether its for a commute to work or a road trip, you want your car to smell pleasant. Cars tend to absorb unwanted odors stemming from various culprits. One of the best ways to get rid of unwanted odors in your car is to diffuse essential oils in it. Not only are you given a pleasant fragrance, but you’re also given the benefits that come from essential oils.
When choosing an essential oil, you want to keep the benefits in mind. You want an oil that is going to benefit you at that time. So when choosing an oil for your car, you want to make sure it has aspects that benefit you during your commute or road trip. In this article, I’ll discuss the five best essential oils for you to diffuse in your car.
In this article, we’re going to review the following essential oils:
Why should You Diffuse Essential Oils?
One of the most powerful senses we have as humans is the sense of smell. There are smells that are so embedded in your mind that they bring up different memories every time you smell them. By adding fragrance to your home, you’re providing the opportunity to commit this fragrance to your memories. Fragrances can also influence the way the environment feels so by adding fragrance, you’re enhancing the way your home feels.
Essential oils are more than just a great way to fragrance a space. Diffusing essential oils can provide you with medicinal benefits that can keep your mind and body functioning well. Each essential oil has a different benefit for your mind and body so you have a large variety depending on what benefit you want to receive.
When you diffuse essential oils, you’re benefiting from something called aromatherapy. The best ways to benefit from aromatherapy are through inhaling the oils while diffusing or through the oils being absorbed into your skin when applied topically. Either way, you can benefit from aromatherapy either strongly or subtly. Everyone is affected to different degrees from aromatherapy.
Some of the benefits you can get from aromatherapy are:
- A boost in your immune system
- An environment without harmful viruses and bacteria
- Odor elimination
- Improvement in your focus and concentration
- An improvement in your mood and energy and a lack of stress
These are just a few of the countless benefits that you can get from diffusing essential oils. By diffusing oils you’re opening up opportunities to not only have benefits for you mind and body but you’re also creating an opportunity where you’re eliminating odors and creating a new fragrance memory.
Essential Oils to Diffuse in Your Car
There are several essential oils that are perfect to diffuse in your car. You can use oils that provide the benefits of staying alert and concentrated while driving and there are even oils that can be used to combat motion sickness.
If you’re looking to make sure you’re alert and concentrating while you’re driving, there are plenty of oils you can use. While it’s important to make sure you’re rested enough to be able to safely drive, these can help keep you alert and concentrated. They are in no way a replacement for sleep. Some oils that can be used to help you stay alert and concentrated while driving are:
You can even blend some of these oils together to make your own personalized fragrance. Some good combinations would be lemon and lime, peppermint and spearmint, or lemon and basil. By diffusing these fragrances, either separately or in a combination, you’re going to promote concentration and awareness while you’re driving.
If you suffer from motion sickness, there are some essential oils that can help to curb your nausea. These oils that can help ease your nausea are peppermint, ginger, fennel, and spearmint. While they aren’t complete fixes for your motion sickness and should be paired with other preventative measures, they do help.
Not every oil is good to diffuse in your car, though. There are some oils that can promote drowsiness and should be avoided while driving. These oils include chamomile, lavender, clary sage, sandalwood, and sweet marjoram. When diffusing these oils, you’ll want to make sure that you’re at home, preferably getting ready for bed, instead of out driving as they can make you sleepy.
To diffuse oils in your car, there are several methods. Many companies have designed electric diffusers that are specifically made for use in cars. There are some that plug into your USB ports or your 12-volt ports. There are also diffusers that are rechargeable that don’t require to be plugged in at all times. If you don’t want an electric diffuser, you can also buy one that connects to your air vent and diffuses using your air conditioning or heat.
No matter what kind of diffuser you choose to purchase, or if you choose to make your own, your car will benefit from their use. You will notice that you’ll be more aware and awake and your car won’t have any unwanted odors lingering around. Your car will also feel more welcoming to anyone you may be offering a ride to.
5 Best Essential Oils that are Great for Cars Reviewed
In this section, I’ll give you a review of five essential oils that are great to diffuse in your car. Along with this, I’ll discuss the pros and cons of each oil. This review can help you figure out which oil is really worth your time and money and worth adding fragrance to your car.
1. Peppermint Oil
- USDA Certified Organic Peppermint Oil - the strict oversight of USDA ensures the integrity of our Essential Oils. In other words, it is really 100% organic.
- 100% Pure, Only One Ingredient - Our Premium Essential Oils are 100% Pure & Natural – No Additives, Alcohol-Free, No Added-Fragrance and Not Diluted.
- Cliganic 100% Satisfaction Guarantee - Risk Free - We put a lot of effort into manufacturing quality products that will meet our customers' expectations. And we stand behind every item that we make, 100%. If you are not satisfied completely with your purchase, we will be happy to replace it or issue you a full refund.
- Multipurpose Essential Oil – Cliganic essential oils are suitable for aromatherapy diffuser and have many other great uses and benefits.
- Cruelty Free, Made in USA – Cliganic Organic Essential Oils are made in the USA using the highest standards. They are not tested on animals now with the Cruelty-Free certification.
Peppermint oil is great for many different purposes. While this oil is great for keeping you awake and aware, it has other benefits to it as well. This oil can help kill germs, relieve pains, reduce headaches, prevent or reduce vomiting, clearing sinuses, and many more. Not only will this essential oil give you medicinal benefits through its aromatherapy, it’ll also leave your car smelling of the cool freshness that stems from mint.
- This oil can help keep bugs away.
- Your car will be left smelling minty fresh after diffusing this oil.
- You can use this oil to repel unwanted animal visitors like mice.
- This oil gives off a strong fragrance without it being overwhelming.
- If you need to clear your sinuses, this is a great oil to diffuse.
- The price for this oil is reasonable for the size.
- This fragrance is great to rid your car of unwanted odors.
- This is not a good oil to use topically.
- The scent can smell slightly synthetic sometimes.
- The aroma may not be strong enough for some people.
2. Lemon Oil
- 100% PURE & NATURAL LEMON ESSENTIAL OIL- Handcraft Blends oils are exactly that!! Many oils being sold online make that claim but are in fact made of natural isolates and mixtures. Each essential oil is tested by an independent lab for its constituents which is why every bottle comes with a Quality Guaranty.
- PREMIUM THERAPEUTIC GRADE & PREMIUM QUALITY – All Handcraft Blends Essential Oils are tested by an independent lab to test the efficacy of each oil. Each oil is tested for its constituents as well as to have no fillers, additives and to be undiluted.
- HIGH QUALITY GLASS BOTTLE W/ PREMIUM GLASS DROPPER - Our Lemon Essential Oil comes in an amber glass bottle to keep out UV rays and protect the oil against sunlight. We also provide a Glass Dropper so you can get the exact amount of oil you need without any waste.
- LEMON OIL BLENDS WELL WITH - Bergamot, Cedarwood, Clove, Clary Sage, Geranium, Helichrysum, Lemongrass, Neroli, Patchouli, Rose, Rosemary, Sandalwood and Vetiver.
- BOTTLED IN THE USA – Handcraft Blends sources their oils from regions all over the world. Each oil, when brought to the USA goes through vigorous testing to prove its authenticity.
Lemon oil is another great oil to diffuse in your car because it helps you concentrate and keeps you alert. These aren’t the only benefits you can expect when diffusing this oil, though. You can also expect it to help soothe a sore throat and make it easier to breathe when you’re having a sinus cold, relieve pain, ease morning sickness and overall nausea, and reduce anxiety and depression. It will also leave your car smelling crisp and clean.
- This oil smells authentically like lemon.
- You get a high quality oil from this brand.
- The dropper that comes with this is helpful to use a precise amount of oil.
- This oil is great for cleaning and dusting wooden furniture.
- For the price you pay, you’re given a large bottle of oil.
- This is a great oil to combat unwanted odors.
- This can sometimes smell artificial and slightly chemically.
- The fragrance doesn’t last too long after you finish diffusing it.
3. Cinnamon Oil
- USDA CERTIFIED ORGANIC cinnamon Essential oil, 100% Pure and Natural, Cold Pressed From the Bark of Organically grown Cinnamon Trees from Sri Lanka.
- LARGE 4 OZ BOTTLE: Amber Glass Bottle Comes with a High Quality Glass Dropper for Convenient Use.
- PURE CINNAMON ESSENTIL OIL: USDA Certified Organic, Free of any Pesticides and other Chemicals.
- USES: Great for Aromatherapy Use, Massage, Relaxation, Headaches, Insomnia and Much More…
- Safety Warning: For External Use only. For Other Then Aromatherapy Use, Dilute With a Carrier Oil.
Cinnamon oil is a great oil to use if you need to remain alert and aware when you’re driving. That’s not the only thing it’s useful for, though.
You can also use this oil as a mood enhancer, for its antibacterial properties, to help promote hair growth and fullness, and in cosmetics. If you’re looking to diffuse the oil for aromatherapy aspects, you will be getting the benefits of the mood enhancing qualities.
- When diffusing, this oil’s fragrance will easily fill a room.
- You get a big bottle of oil for the price you pay.
- When added to water, this oil makes a great insect repellant.
- This oil makes eliminating odors an easy task.
- The cinnamon fragrance that comes from this oil is authentic.
- This oil will keep you alert when you need to be.
- The fragrance can sometimes smell medicinal.
- The scent that comes from this oil may not be strong enough for some people.
- This fragrance can sometimes smell bitter.
- This is not a good oil to apply topically.
4. Spearmint Oil
- Minty and Sweet - Our spearmint essential oils radiate a refreshing minty scent as fresh spearmint leaves. With hints of sweet notes, our essential oils spearmint pure eases breathing, relieve aches and promote oral health.
- Diffuse or Topical - Diffuse oil of spearmint or inhale directly to relieve breathing issues. Blend pure spearmint oil with carrier oils for topical use to alleviate sore muscles, or dilute it to use as natural mouthwash for healthier gums and teeth.
- Relieve Sinus and Nausea - The fresh and minty aroma of sweet spearmint oil helps to alleviate nauseous feelings as well as relieving sinus and congestion. Breathe freely and enjoy the outdoors with endless fun adventures.
- Relieve Pain and Sore Muscles - With the cooling spearmint oils to ease away pain and aching muscles, restart your workouts worry free and push it to the next level.
- Natural Ingredients - Gya Labs therapeutic grade spearmint oil essential oils are sourced from South India and steam distilled to perfection. It is perfect for aromatherapy diffuser or to make your own spearmint essential oil spray.
Spearmint not only helps keep you awake and alert when you’re driving, but it also has many different benefits as well. Other benefits that stem from this oil are help with sore throats, arthritis, cramps, muscle pain, headaches, stress, and the common cold. While this is a great oil to use in the car because it helps you stay alert, it can also be helpful while driving because it can help relieve the stress that comes from driving in traffic.
- This oil leaves a nice fragrance even after you’ve finished diffusing.
- Spearmint oil can be used to repel bugs.
- If you have pain in your body, this oil can be used to soothe it.
- You’ll get a warm rich fragrance from diffusing only a few drops.
- You get a great, rich aroma from this oil.
- This may not be potent enough for some people.
- You may not want to use this oil if you have cats, as it’s not safe for them.
5. Rosemary Oil
- Fresh and Herbal - Our rosemary essential oil therapeutic has a crisp and herbaceous aroma just like chopped rosemary herbs. With hints of cooling minty notes, our essential oils rosemary promotes hair growth, boost focus and cleanse skin.
- Diffuse or Topical - Use rosemary essential oil diffuser to improve focus, or inhale directly to soothe breathing. Dilute oil of rosemary oil for hair loss with carrier oils for topical use to promote hair growth, or apply rosemary oil for face to cleanse and hydrate skin.
- Promote Hair Growth and Healthy Skin - Rosemary oil essential helps to strengthen hair follicles when used as rosemary oil conditioner, as well as moisturize and purify oily skin for healthy complexion. Regain self confidence and keep them staring with rosemary oil for face.
- Relieve Breathing for Better Focus - Pure rosemary oil for diffuser is good for congestion relief and helps to boost concentrative powers with its refreshing aroma. Breathe easier as you stay sharp to get work done with rosemary oil drops.
- Natural Ingredients - Gya Labs rosemary oil for hair growth for women is harvested from Spain and steam distilled to perfection. It is perfect for aromatherapy diffuser, to use as rosemary essential oil for hair growth, rosemary oil shampoo, rosemary oil for eyebrows, rosemary oil for dreadlocks, rosemary oil for hair regrowth and rosemary oil for hair thickening.
Rosemary oil is great for keeping you awake and aware during your car ride but it also has other benefits, too. This oil is also great to use as a stress reliever, bug repellant, pain reliever, and may help improve brain function and stimulate hair growth. By diffusing this oil in your car, you can make sure you’re aware of your surroundings while ensuring that you will have a low stress drive.
- This is the perfect oil for someone who enjoys a woodsy fragrance.
- You can add this oil to moisturizers to enjoy it topically.
- After you’re finished diffusing the oil, any unwanted odors will be gone.
- This is a great oil for promoting healthy hair growth.
- The oil is very fragrant but isn’t overpowering.
- This oil may be too weak for some people to fully enjoy.
- The fragrance from this oil can come off as too chemically.
When buying fragrance products, it’s important to take customer opinions into mind. By doing this, you’re preparing yourself to make a well informed decision for which oil to choose. You’ll be able to fully decide which oil is right for your needs and your car. In this section, I’ll discuss what customers did and didn’t like about the oils reviewed in this post.
What Customers Liked
Customers overall enjoy the oils I’ve reviewed in this post. They especially like the strength of the fragrances from these oils. Most of these oils are great for eliminating odors and will keep your house smelling amazing even after you finish diffusing them. Another great thing that customers really enjoy about these oils is that many of them work as a bug or pest repellant when mixed with water.
What Customers Didn’t Like
There isn’t much about these oils that customers didn’t enjoy. Some customers have thought that some of the oils I have reviewed aren’t strong enough, though. Because this is an opinion, though, this means that just because it isn’t strong enough for one person it doesn’t mean it’s not strong enough for other people.
Diffusing essential oils in your car can be a great way to not only eliminate odors but it’s also a great way to keep yourself alert and concentrated on the road. The oils I’ve reviewed in this post are great for use in your car because they have medicinal benefits that allow you to make sure you’re fully aware and awake.
My first choice is always lemon essential oil, it keeps the air in the car fresh and also keeps you awake while driving.
If this is your first time using essential oils in your car, you should try a few more to find your favorite scent.