When I first heard about the company Artnaturals, I thought that it was yet another company making promises about 100% natural oils. I couldn’t understand how oils that were supposedly so pure could also be fairly inexpensive. So I decided that I would try them for myself and then share this Artnaturals essential oils review.
Artnaturals makes it convenient for you to try their oils and devices so that you can get to know their products before overcommitting. They offer individual bottles of essential oils, and then essential oil and diffuser kits to help you get started with freshening up your entire home.
After reviewing these products, I grew to like Artnaturals as a company that promotes total wellness and goes out of their way to bring the fragrance into your home that works best for you.
All About Artnaturals
Artnaturals is a natural hair, skin, bath, and body brand founded in 2014 in California, USA. They internationally source high-quality oil extracts to create eco-friendly, health-focused products that celebrate the art and beauty of nature.
Vowing to use only all-natural ingredients, Artnaturals products are cruelty-free (certified vegan), free of toxins and pesticides, and they are affordable. Products are made with plant-based elements that are sustained over time, which means you will never find parabens, preservatives, phthalates, or genetically modified materials in the mix.
Not only do they make this vow for products applied to your hair, skin, and body, but it applies to their aromatherapy products, too. There are no fillers added to essential oil fragrances, like basil, clove, cypress, eucalyptus, lavender, tea tree and all the others.
Artnaturals’ extraction method is quite unique. To be mindful of the sensitive nature of plants, essential oils are separated from plants using a steam distillation process. The result is therapeutic-grade oil.
When these dark amber bottles are stored in a fairly cool, dry, dark place, they have a shelf life of about two years after opening a bottle.
Top 6 Artnaturals Essential Oils Review
1. ArtNaturals Aromatherapy Essential Oils and Diffuser Gift Set
I’m starting off with the item I feel offers the best value. This gift set includes eight of Artnaturals’ most popular essential oils and their maple wood grain encased diffuser.
Let’s start with the oils; each bottle is 10ml (0.33 fl oz). The eight included essential oils are: frankincense, lemongrass, peppermint, eucalyptus, tea tree, sweet orange, rosemary, and lavender. This is a wide range of oils – each one with its own set of special qualities. Below is a chart explaining what you can expect in terms of scents and benefits of each oil.
|Eucalyptus||fresh menthol||increases concentration, calms, breathing|
|Frankincense||warm and enticing||comforts, soothes, centers|
|Lavender||fresh, soft floral||soothing, relaxing|
|Lemongrass||lemony, uplifting||eases fatigue, soothes, repels bugs|
|Peppermint||cool, invigorating||eases fatigue, stimulates, refreshes|
|Sweet Orange||bright, uplifting||energizes, motivates|
|Rosemary||herbal, striking||increases focus and thinking, energizes|
|Tea Tree||fresh, pungent||brightens, detoxifies|
Whether you need to be energized or relaxed, this set presents you with a number of options for each mood you would like to create in your home.
The diffuser that accompanies these oils is small and portable. You can move it from room to room or place it in a smaller space without feeling cluttered. Here are the top five things that stood out for me:
- Holds 150ml (5 fl oz) of water
- One hour and three hours timer options
- Full tank runs for 4.5 hours
- Automatically shuts off once tank is emptyLow energy usage (110-240-volt / 12-watt system)
If you have children, you can fill your home with fragrance without fear of them accidentally knocking over a lit candle, or inhaling smoke from incense. Diffusers are also a great option for individuals with asthma because natural oils and a cooling mist helps clear their passageways instead of clogging up their lungs with smoke or toxic oils.
A limited, but growing amount of research suggests that aromatherapy can offer a number of benefits. According to the Mayo Clinic,
“Aromatherapy is thought to work by stimulating smell receptors in the nose, which then send messages through the nervous system to the limbic system — the part of the brain that controls emotions.”The Mayo Clinic
Aromatherapy can help reduce stress, lift anxiety and depression, and help you fall asleep or improve chronic health conditions. When applied to the body with a carrier oil, it can also reduce muscle tension, alleviate migraines, and increase circulation. But it is best to talk to your physician before starting a new regimen for any diagnosed medical condition.
How Does this Diffuser Work?
Get started using this diffuser in five simple steps:
- Remove the diffuser top
- Add water to the fill-line
- Add 3 to 5 drops of essential oil(s)
- Replace the top
- Turn on the power and select a time duration
If you prefer not to select a time duration (one or three hours), then the machine will shut itself off once all of the water is gone – which is about four and a half hours.
Once powered up, you will experience a wide dispersal of fragrance due to ultrasonic cool mist technology. Although the machine runs quietly, sonic vibrations are what creates the mist that flows from the machine to fill your home, even in large rooms. It’s like a small but mighty humidifier.
Together, this diffuser and essential oil set can transform your home into a healing spa.
2. Artnaturals Therapeutic-Grade Aromatherapy Essential Oils Gift Set of Twelve
Each of the 100% pure essential oils listed above plus four more are included in this set. So in addition to eucalyptus, frankincense, lavender, lemongrass, peppermint, sweet orange, rosemary, and tea tree oils, you will also receive these four:
- spicy fragrance with energy,wellness, and warming benefits
- sharp citrus scent that promotes happiness, boosts energy, and cleanses the air
- Pine needle
- forestry fragrance that cleanses, purifies, and helps with breathing
- mildly sweet, citrusy small that assists with emotional balance and tension release
This set of twelve natural essential oils (10ml / 0.33 fl oz) is a great option for you if you already own a diffuser and would like to experience the difference of using 100% pure essential oils permeating the atmosphere in your home.
Since these oils are pure, there aren’t any toxic additives spreading throughout your home. Each mist of Artnaturals oils is healing and clarifying.
This is also a great option for you if you prefer to use these oils as a natural air freshener in a mister bottle that you manually spray.
However you choose to use them, you will find that this set of twelve Artnaturals essential oils will help promote health and wellness within your home.
3. ArtNaturals Grapefruit Essential Oil
A little larger than the bottles included in the sets above, this one is 15ml (0.5 fl oz). I suggest buying individual oils if you already have a diffuser and know which fragrance is a good fit for you. Here are the key points about Artnaturals’ grapefruit essential oil that stood out for me:
- Tart citrus scent
- Super air-freshener
- Natural disinfectant
More specifically, research has shown that 100% natural grapefruit oil displayed antimicrobial properties against potentially harmful bacteria like Staphylococcus aureus, Enterococcus faecalis, and Escherichia coli. It was also one of five essential oils that exhibited high antimicrobial effects against Methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus, (MRSA). That was a mouthful, but MRSA is a group of bacteria that’s usually resistant to common antibiotics, making it more challenging to treat.
Artnaturals’ grapefruit essential oil is a powerful oil used in aromatherapy to help reduce stress and anxiety, lower blood pressure, and promote reduction in the release of the stress hormone cortisol.
4. ArtNaturals Lavender Essential Oil
I chose to include another individual bottle of essential oils because this is the largest size offered by Artnaturals at 118ml (4 fl oz).
Lavender is one of the most popular home fragrances on the market, so I am highlighting it here, but Artnaturals offers this larger size bottle in all of their top eight essential oil options.
The relaxing herbaceous scent of lavender can help balance your nervous system and help you fall asleep. This makes adding 100% pure lavender oil to a diffuser prior to going to bed an appropriate option to use for adults experiencing insomnia and for colicky babies who usually cry throughout the night.
If you add the oil to a diffuser with automatic-shutoff you do not have to worry about either you or your baby falling asleep with the machine in use.
Since lavender is often used more frequently than other essential oils, this larger bottle can be used each night for a longer period of time than the 10ml and 15ml bottles.
5. ArtNaturals Signature Blend Essential Oils Set for Diffuser
Whenever you place an order of Artnaturals essential oils, you will receive a little booklet that suggests ways that you can blend the individual oils.
But I reviewed this product for those of you who would like to experience the benefits of 100% natural blended oils without having to do the blending yourself.
Artnaturals signature blend essential oils were created to be used for aromatherapy with a diffuser. You can use them the same way as the individual oils, by adding five to seven drops of one of these blends to water inside your diffuser. Each of the eight bottles is 10ml (0.33 fl oz).
This table displays each blend and its intended goal:
|Name||Purpose||Essential Oil Blend|
|Signature Zen||sleeping aid||lavender, rosemary, and sweet orange|
|Signature Cleanse||helps clear sinuses||cedar wood, sage, pink grapefruit, and cypress|
|Signature Solace||stress reducing||pink grapefruit, lemon, ginger, peppermint, and cinnamon|
|Signature Serene||mind calming||ylang yang, sweet orange, lavender, cinnamon|
|Signature Bliss||improves mood||rosemary, lemon, eucalyptus, cinnamon, and clove|
|Signature Om||emotional boost||basil, cardamom, lime, and lavender|
|Signature Chi||stimulates energy||fir needles, tea tree, lemon, eucalyptus, and peppermint|
|Signature Relief||reduces headaches||rosemary, frankincense, peppermint, eucalyptus, lavender, and wintergreen|
This is one of the best sets of blended oils I have come across that address many different emotional and physical needs.
6. ArtNaturals Sound Machine Diffuser & Essential Oil Set
Last but not least, this is the ultimate set for those who like the option of having a variety of essential oils along with a powerful diffuser that also happens to be a sound machine.
In this set, you will receive sixteen 100% natural oils that include all the essential oils listed in the set of twelve above, plus pink grapefruit, which we already discussed. The three new oils are:
- Tangy, sweet, pungent citrus smell that disinfects and detoxifies
- Fruity, clean citrus aroma that calms, uplifts, and deodorizes
- Complex woodsy fragrance that helps reduce anxiety
How Does the Sound Machine Work?
The oil diffuser works the same as explained above, but there are a few extra steps to follow for the sound machine.
- Press one of the numbers one through six to select your sound experience
- Then adjust the volume to your liking.
There are six calming, white-noise sound options. They are arranged to lull you or your children to sleep more quickly, but at a restful pace. Combining sound and scent can lead to a deeper, sounder, sleep experience. The six sounds sounds are: Caribbean surf, gentle rain, gentle surf, harbor swell, song birds, and white noise.
Customer Feedback to Consider
- Some customers suggest that these oils are not 100% pure due to their modest price. But one customer who also happens to be a chemist, suggests that these oils are at least 97% pure. This person suggests that the price of these oils would significantly increase if they were 3% purer. In most cases, though, the distinction is not that noticeable, so 97% is rather close to 100% pure.
- I noticed that some customer complaints often described misuse of these products. Essential oils are highly concentrated and can burn your skin if they haven’t been diluted with carrier oil. So never directly add oil to your face, hair, or skin. Always add the essential oil to your facial cream, shampoo, or body lotion, mix them well, and then apply.
- Another customer complained that they added Artnaturals peppermint essential oil to their toothpaste, and it left a horrible aftertaste. These oils are extremely potent and are not meant to be ingested; they should never be added to toothpaste. Nor are they meant to diagnose, treat, or prevent any disease.
- Additional uses of these oils was a high point for customers. Below is a list of ways customers use these essential oils in their home.
- Some essential oil caps can leak possibly due to damage incurred during shipment. Artnaturals essential oil caps were designed to be leak-proof and also child-proof.
- Customers liked that dark amber glass bottles help shield your oils from direct sunlight and keep them potent for the duration of their use (Lasts about two years once opened).
- Some customers dislike that they have to cycle through all the light options on their oil diffuser even when they only prefer to use the last light option. They would prefer to either select one light and program that into the system or have an individual button for each light so that you can save time by selecting the one you prefer.
More Ways Customers Use Artnaturals Essential Oils at Home:
Add a few drops of Artnaturals essential oil to water inside of a mister. Screw the cap and then spray mists of fragrance around your entire home.
Clean and Freshen at the Same Time
You can add five to ten drops of your favorite oil to your vacuum’s bag or dust container to freshen your carpet as you clean.
Add three drops each of lemongrass and tea tree oils to three ounces of warm water to clean tables and countertops as you normally would.
Naturally Freshen Clothes
A ten to twenty drops in your washer for added fragrance to your clothes.
You can add 5- 7 drops of relaxing essential oil, like lavender, to a 4 oz spray bottle filled with water. Spritz your bed linens to naturally freshen them up and get better sleep.
Kill the Stench in Your Trash Can
Add two drops of both lemongrass and tea tree oils to a cotton ball, and then place the cotton ball at the bottom of your trash can to help eliminate odors.
Your order includes a manual with more blending suggestions and uses.
I hope you found this Artnaturals essential oils review to be helpful. I must say that I am very pleased with Artnaturals essential oils. They are eco-friendly, cruelty-free, and offer a variety of fragrances to choose from.
If you already own a diffuser, you can try Artnaturals essential oils one at a time to determine if you like them or not. This would be most cost-effective. Their lavender essential oil is a really popular home fragrance. If you want to brighten your home with a stimulating fragrance, try the tangerine.
My personal favorite was the ArtNaturals Aromatherapy Essential Oils and Diffuser Gift Set because it includes eight fragrances, and I like that it includes a small diffuser that I can place anywhere in my home. If you have little ones or find it hard to fall asleep yourself, the sound machine diffuser set might be perfect for you.
But overall, think about what you really need in your home, and then decide from there!
Quick tips to remember:
- Internal use of essential oils is not recommended.
- When using on your face, skin, or hair, dilute it with a carrier oil.
- Always speak to your physician before implementing a new therapeutic routine.